PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8 Killer Tips

Neuroup
01-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Hello!
I have possibility to buy this book in polish version.
Can you write your opinions about this book ??

Thx.

Bye!!

byte_fx
01-17-2005, 06:56 AM
Go for it - assuming you read Polish.

It's full of useful info for everyone.

Some of the stuff I'd forgetten as it had been a long time I used them. Nice to be reminded of stuff sometimes.

For newer users it's a great time saver as it'll help bring them up to speed sooner.

byte_fx

Neuroup
01-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Can you give me some exampless whatuseful information can i find in this book??
About polish version of books for lw. In poland there are four possision for lw user. In my country allpublisher are publish book sfor 3d studio max :(

Bye!!

Blasterface
01-17-2005, 10:13 AM
It has every possible answer to questions I've had about lightwave.
I think you can't go wrong by getting it.

John

Larrikin
01-17-2005, 04:57 PM
I have this book (in English).
I wouldn't recommend it as a way of learning lightwave.
It doesn't have tutorials or discussions on any topics. Just a bunch of little tips (1 paragraph on each) from all over the place thrown together in a book.

dablan
01-17-2005, 09:34 PM
The tips are not tutorials compared to other books, but it is very useful. They are not from all over, but rather from my 13 years of LightWave experience along with co-author Randy Sharp. The book is full color, unlike any other LW book - which is a nice bonus. I'm not sure if we're translated into Polish yet. Some of my other books are.

Neuroup
01-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Thx Dan for your opinion. I think i will buy this book. Always when i want buy some book to lw i want check some reviews on this forum becouse i saw some books to 3d studio max and there were suxx. What is interesting i bought about 6 books and every one of this book was very good and very useful. Maybe i'm wrong but i think that books for lw are much better then lw. But maybe i'm wrong becouse i saw only books for 3d studio max published in Poland. About translation to Polish. On publisher page there is a info that this book was translated by Tomasz Machnik and he was also responded for translating Inside 7 published in Poland.

bye!!