PDA

View Full Version : Morphmap question

jupussi
01-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Hello

I have made a simple box and a few morphmaps to it. I used the morp mixer in layout. I get weird results. The box is squeezing in the middle of the range. I attach a picture of it.

The first row is from modeller and the second row from layout. The squeezing shows in the middle picture in the second row. The morph is at 50%. The last picture is both the forward and backward morphs in 50%

Is the squeezing normal or something that can be fixed?

jupussi
01-16-2005, 12:27 PM
I fiqured it out. The morph mixer knows only the start and end points, it just mixes between them linearly, it don't know about the volume.

So, on with the question, any other ways to do box deformation easily? I tried bones, but it needs several bones and cant be controlled as easily as morphs with a slider?

evenflcw
01-16-2005, 12:37 PM
Bend deformer maybe? Addon more deformers for more control, twist is good to have.

I would probably have gone with bones and a subpatched box myself, but it all depends on what your doing and what you feel comfortable with.

EDIT:
And you are correct about morphs being linear and that this why they won't work in this situation.

Dodgy
01-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Look at this...

http://cohen-plugs.tripod.com/#nlm

jupussi
01-16-2005, 02:11 PM
The Bend and Twist deformers seems to work ok in this situation.

I attached the effects handles to nulls and the nulls to the slider. Now it works just like previously, but correct volume! Thanks.

Edit.
Is there any way to get the sliders keyframes to show in timeline?