PDA

View Full Version : Book Cover

spartan2
01-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi,

I have just done a quick book but I was wondering on what are the best ways to get a book title on the front and spine of the book?

Any guides on how to use textures in this way?

Silkrooster
01-16-2005, 09:30 PM
I recommend using uv's. It can be done with out uv's, but using uv's you can export a eps file to use in your image editor to so you know what size to create the image.
So in modeler, you just need to create a surface for the spine and cover, then create a uv for both of them, and export each to your image editor. It is suppose to be possible to merge the uv maps into one, however, I have not done that yet, so you may need to look that up, or someone else here will tell you how.
Once the images are created, you just need to load them using the surface editor, make sure you select uv map and the correct uv map for that image.
I wish I was more help, but I need to learn more in this area myself.
Silk

spartan2
01-16-2005, 09:45 PM
thanks for the tip, gives me somewhere to look. i managed to get the books sorted and textured to look like leather bound volumes, but couldnt get the lettering on so had to photoshop them on.. which isnt my ideal method as it doesnt look as uniform as i would have liked and the perspecitve is out slightly between the lettering and the books.