PDA

View Full Version : SpeedRazor not seeing RTV's

vip3dran
04-14-2003, 01:55 PM
Recently had to bring an old project back to life, that was originally created in Speed Razor.

I have both SR 4.8SE and SR2000 installed, and neither version will recognize ANY RTV files (New or old formats).

Have run the the 3rd Party Application Driver Installer and it has placed the VideoToaster.rzx file in each respective (SR4.8 & 2000) directory, but still unable to bring in rtv files.

Any ideas??

vip3dran
04-14-2003, 01:58 PM
That's VideoToaster.rzf, not .rzx

Faraz
04-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Is Video Output mode set to Video Toaster. This can be found under Setup, Editing Settings. I think. If it's not under setup, then its under one of the other tabs.

vip3dran
04-17-2003, 12:16 PM
Faraz,

Getting back to this one a little late.

Setting Video Output mode (in Speed Razor) is part of my problem. The only option that shows up there is VGA, with no options available to select from for Video Input.

When I go to add media to the Library Bin (again in Speed Razor) RTV does not show up under "Files of type" in the add media requester.

My only reason for wanting to get Speed Razor up and running is to do some batch capturing from Betacam component inputs.

Aaaaaarghhhhhhh

:confused:

vip3dran
04-17-2003, 02:00 PM
Well,
I am still unable to see rtv files in Speed Razor.

Just finished the following recommendations by Paul Lara, which were found elsewhere within the Forums.

- Uninstall SR and Toaster
- Install Speed Razor
- Install VT2 in a different folder (v3890)
- Run the 3rd party Installer found in Start/programs/VideoToaster2/Utilities

Also, following the Uninstall of SR and VT;

1 - did a registry cleanout of any occurances of 'newtekrtme' and 'Video Toaster'
2 - deleted any remaining VideoToaster2 & SpeedRazor2000 directories that were left

After doing all of the above, I am still unable to get SR to see RTV files, as well as no Toaster Device to select in Video Output mode (in Speed Razor), just VGA.

What is going on with this??

vip3dran
04-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Finally got it working.

It seems the culprit was a recent upgrade version (3-18-02) of Speed Razor2000. After uninstalling my past 'attempts' decided to install a slightly older version of SR2000 (5-18-01) and it is now working with T2 v3890.

So goes for an entire WASTED day tracking this bug down.

Thanks for your input, Faraz

vip3dran
04-17-2003, 06:20 PM
after looking at all the past posts to this topic, seems like I had a lot of one-way conversations going on there.

Am I talking to myself now??

(voice of Moe)
"No you knucklehead!"

:D

Norman
04-17-2003, 07:13 PM
It does seem that way, but the important thing is you got your problem solved and we are all better off for your having shared your trials and tribulations. Thank you!