PDA

View Full Version : Very strange - Skelegons duped

Ramon
01-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Well something very odd (to me at least) has happened with my skelegons. I have been working with a character in Layout that has skelegons and I needed to go back into Modeler and create a few more skelegons.

I cut and pasted the skelegons into another layer.
That seemed to work in Latout. It updated the new skelegons but, I just recently noticed that now (in modeler) my model has duplicate skelegons?!? Many are duped twice but a few bones are duped 12 times! They are in the same layer and share the exact same space.

Now, I don't know (at all) how that happened but, I need to fix it and selecting each of the 245 skelegons (that's the count without the dups) and merging polys will be a big hassle! Any way to clean this up much faster? A plugin or something that would do this? Unfortunately, as you may know, the merge polys function won't work correctly if I select all the skelegons in one shot. I'd hate to have to go one by painful one.
THANKS!

SplineGod
01-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Kill the skelegons then use the free Load Bones plugin to load your bones in as skelegons.

Ramon
01-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey Larry!
Thanks for the response. I'll check out the plugin. :)
By the way, rather than start another thread, maybe you could see what's going on with this tricky right upper leg rotation. I've got gimble on it and I tried the rotate pivot point then record pivot point but it doesn't change the rotation values at all. So much for that. You'll see it, it's the thigh bone. That's what holding me back from getting a good run/jump cycle. :mad:

SplineGod
01-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Are you using LW8?

Ramon
01-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Yes, I am. 8.01 to be exact. I sent the file to your email. :) Wow, you're working late eh? I haven't been get too much sleep either.