PDA

View Full Version : Could these be FPrime2 renders?

3DBob
01-13-2005, 04:39 PM
mmm - some new stuff on worleys site:-

http://www.worley.com/cool/man_w_01.jpg

http://www.worley.com/cool/cow_01.jpg

http://www.worley.com/cool/witch_1k.jpg

http://www.worley.com/cool/branco1k.jpg

If they are rendered with FPRIME2 note they all have hair! And the man skin has to be SSS skin!

Has he got all his key plugins working together?

Lets dream now.....

3DBob

-EsHrA-
01-13-2005, 05:00 PM
dreaming here ! :)

esh

Matt
01-13-2005, 05:17 PM
What makes you say they're FPrime? Why not G2?

3DBob
01-13-2005, 05:20 PM
They're definitely G2, just keeping the dream alive - it is the first new stuff on the site since the dawn of prime and 8.2 is just about here so a little speculatio never hurt anybody eh? eh? ;-)

evenflcw
01-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Or a preview of Sasquatch2 for that matter. That beard looks really good. I don't see much of an SSS effect. Looks cold and dry to me (not bad though).

theo
01-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Or a preview of Sasquatch2 for that matter. That beard looks really good. I don't see much of an SSS effect. Looks cold and dry to me (not bad though).

Not bad??! Whatever.......

Panikos
01-13-2005, 06:28 PM
These are images made by Japanese Artists.
Cool images, but they dont indicate the use of anything related to FPrime or its successors.

evenflcw
01-13-2005, 06:30 PM
I knew someone would remark on how I choose to express myself. :)
I just wanted to give a clearer explanation why I thought I wasn't seeing an SSS render. I obviously used too strong words. The "not bad" part was only in reference to the slight dry look I think the skin has, saying that I still think it looks good. OK, now lets stop talking about my plump comments and back to topic.

Matt
01-13-2005, 07:02 PM
They're definitely G2, just keeping the dream alive - it is the first new stuff on the site since the dawn of prime and 8.2 is just about here so a little speculatio never hurt anybody eh? eh? ;-)

Ahhhhh I see, just keeping the rumour mill grinding! ;)

ufo3d
01-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Those images were on the frontpage of Japanese version, and there is no any news about the updates of G2 and Fprime.

http://www.worley.com/japanese/japanese.html

operation
01-13-2005, 09:02 PM
yes, please don't post rumour or ambiguous infos.
some ppl take over the infos to other forums without confirmation. Today someone told me he have seen an article about LW 8.2, I told him it was impossible for now. he swear me it was true. After checking it was an article about LW 8.0 bringed back to the news page.

thanks for all community.

JCG
01-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Automatic translators from Japanese are still so rough...

Don't you think? the LW8.2 more and more it is release!

The < FPrime continues for 399 dollars and it is in the midst of favorable comment selling and while you being called the tool which reforms the > LW, it returns to original intention boldly, the update which starts from rewriting the engine, it enters 2005 and gradually enters already into interesting part... please wait a little... The inquiry followed one another, 'the improvement of the SDK of the LightWave side' as for progress circumstance at our company you do not understand completely, but it does not enter into the Update of the next FPrime the シェーダー of anxiety, in regard to ボリューメトリックス correspondence. We want persevering to the ま and it does quickly, but rather than our company outside dunning, please encouraging the development team by all means from everyone who is the customer. We ask from heart. Because the gallery is under construction, without being able to add the work, it was. The reason water Katsura サスクワッチ, the G2 picture is introduced. The sight of the reason water which is renovated with Kay mosquito establishment, as usual it is the earth-shattering!

ufo3d
01-13-2005, 11:16 PM
I will be disappointed again if those images with SSS rendered by G2. Hope Mr Worley will improve G2 SSS in next version.

KillMe
01-14-2005, 12:42 AM
i want fprime that renders EVERYTHING then i will be very happy - that said i been doing a project altely and suddenly for some reason fprime stopped responding quickly =/ its now ALOT slower than an f9 render - only think i can think is i added a couple extra lights - does fprime have issues when you ahve alot of lights in a scene?

guess i could clear them from teh scene and try it but cant be bothered

WizCraker
01-14-2005, 12:50 AM
The link to the Artist or Company (http://www.caca.jp/)

dwburman
01-14-2005, 09:48 AM
There's some sweet looking stuff on that www.caca.jp site. I'm thinking mostly of the 2D looking stuff.

Anyway, yeah. I want to see fprime 2 as well.

Zarathustra
01-14-2005, 10:38 AM
That's a hell of a site. A Jellyfish Day looks fantastic. I like the look and her movements are pretty natural (there was one walk cycle that was a tad stiff).

If you want to see rumors and other frustrations vented awaiting updates to Sas and especially FP, try the Worley Yahoo group. Geez, that place is going nuts with OT discussions, rants, you name it. Things just can't happen fast enough.

Remember, FP is dependent upon the SDK changes. You want FP doing Sas, G2, HV and all that other goodness, it starts with SDK. If I were Worley, I wouldn't bother with an update either if the SDK was seriously getting overhauled and opened up. Depending on how closely involved he is in that will dictate how soon after that gets done and an FP update appears.

Just gotta sit and wait. But out of all the distracting, OT discussions brewing out of inpatience, having that link to caca (terrible name to market to the English speaking world) tops the list. Thanks.

wacom
01-14-2005, 09:39 PM
The Worley users group on Yahoo! has turned into a MODO fan club thanks to several people...one of which loves to spread rumors, such as that FPrime was going to be made for MODO and revealed at CES! Here is what Worley had to say about that:

"Hi, Gideon!

Thanks for writing. Nope, we're not working with
Luxology at all, we don't even have Modo inhouse.
We're concentrating on LightWave products, just as we
have for the past 10 years. Next up will be an FPrime
update.. we haven't announced a release date for that
yet but we've been working hard. :-)

Thanks for mailing.. some people don't bother to even
ask before reacting to false rumors.

-Worley Labs Support"

and

"Hi, Kevin! Yes, FPrime is being developed intensely continually, our
work certainly has not stopped! We haven't announced a specific release
date for the next update since we don't want to promise anything before
the details are certain. That's always been our policy. As for support of other platforms, currently we only support LightWave. In particular we are not working on a Modo version (we don't even have Modo in house.) We can never make promises about the future but for now we're certainly focused on LightWave.

Thanks for asking!

Worley Labs Support
[email protected]"

And nothing happened at CES that was really new...at least where MODO was concerned.

Hervé
01-15-2005, 02:26 AM
Sasquatsch2...... just to make us wait for F_Prime2.... :D

Starlost
01-15-2005, 05:34 PM
yep fprime is good not 100% great but good. I will be more enthusiastic when it's able to work with the rest of lightwaves features like HV and 3rd party plugins etc.
Lets face it speeding up a normal render is nice speeding up an render of HV would be a dream come true for all of us...

Studio Dweller
01-18-2005, 02:00 PM
I emailed Worley about a week ago asking about any news of the update and they said "Software releases are very hard to predict but we're planning to release an update shortly after LW 8.2 is released."