PDA

View Full Version : water fountain

DigitalHour
01-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,
I am a NOOB when it comes to lightwave3d, and for the past week i have been pulling out my hair trying to fig-out how to do a water fountain, like the ones you see in city parks. if anyone knows where i can get a Tutorial on how to make one as well as animate. please share...
Thanks

koots
01-12-2005, 12:17 PM
I have not ever made one, but i think you might want to look for tutorials on how to use the hypervoxuals(spelling?) I know it can be done, I have just never done it before. Mess around with the particale engine, and you should be able to get what you are looking for in that. If you are useing LW8 it is under that Items tab under add dynamics. Good luck

prospector
01-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Here is a quickie (longer to decide colors than to make) about 15 min.
Look in file and see under object properties ***endomorph***
Also look under Bump in surfacer to see ***bump direction***

Take it apart look and study

Also ya can add a few emitters if you wanr to so ya get some bubbles comin down the sides maby, or some at bottom of falls to make some splashing maby.

OOPS :mad:

prospector
01-12-2005, 01:44 PM
As you can see (after dissassembling it) the actual water falls is just a poly plate that I bent (endomorph) so that textures would stay following the water in the same direction and not hit the edge that goes down and water changes.
If oyu ate only going to use procedrials for bump and color then it isn't needed, but I get into habits and I always put the UV map on water (hence the morph) because some day I may have things painted on water and need them to go OVER falls, at which point they will because it was UV mapped that way. So that is just habit.
Nothing else special about them, just little transparency to see rocks behind water, you could use some refraction and make it more shimmery if needed, but this will get ya started.
Hope it helps

DigitalHour
01-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Wow,
Thanks, it is ez.
thank you so MUCH, your my new best friend! ;)

prospector
01-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Ok here is the one ya asked for with readme file to 'splain :D