PDA

View Full Version : AVI Texture problem/TV Scene

chilledaqua
04-14-2003, 10:46 AM
I am trying to create a TV scene and I have an AVI I want to map on the TV, but when I try to load it, it doesn't show up in the texture library with all the other textures. do I need to render in a certain codec? Also when I load it like a regular texture, I have to select "all files" in order to get it. Is this the right way to map an AVI onto an object? Just as if you were loading other texture? thanks.

---------------
Also I've been trying to figure out how to make it a volumetric light project from the back of the tv. The only problem is, it cant penetrate the main screen, and if I put transparency up, it does, however you can see throgh the TV as if it were a hollow box. Anyone know a good way to make a TV scene? I've tried putting the light directly in front of the TV, but the cone angle is not right... thiking about it more closely, I could probaby adjust the "Start" cone angle and that might work, but it wouldn't be really acting as a tv if the light source in back of the tube. any ideas would be nice

Mylenium
04-14-2003, 02:08 PM
1) Check if you have the CoDec you need properly installed on your system - if it is not there, LW can't use your file. Also there are some video hardware dependent CoDecs out there that "abuse" the AVI as a container. Those files may in some cases only play on the original system.

2) You will have to do it in 2 passes and then compose it together.

Mylenium

chilledaqua
04-15-2003, 08:42 AM
The file does playback on Windows Media Player, I'm assuming the codec is installed given that, but maybe i'll try rendering in a different codec and re-encode the video. Cinepak codec seems to be known to be a compatable codec, so maybe i'll re-encode with that and see what happens

chilledaqua
04-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Cinepak codec does work, it was another codec i was having trouble with (a digital video format i'm not sure what the standard for that is).

Danner
04-15-2003, 11:36 PM
just change the requester to "show all files"