PDA

View Full Version : corridor

anieves
02-13-2003, 07:52 AM
Some of you have probably seen this at cgtalk but wanted to posted here to share with the rest of the LW community :)

http://www.motionblurstudio.com/WIP/hallway.jpg

In this shot the main character will get out from one of those doors and walk down the corridor.

Hervé
02-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Hey I really love that ambiance...! that is a good design also. maybe more brightness in the reflection of the neons on the top walls, but that's been piky a bit... re post when you have the character in..!

Cheers

Elmar Moelzer
02-13-2003, 10:26 AM
Pew, this is great!
It looks alomost photoreal. The only thing that I can see right now that I would change is that the rooflights have no glow or lensflares or something like that (I would try out a few things whatever looks best). The way they are now they look to sharp. Maybe you also want to add a little falloff to their luminosity, so that they dont look that evenly bright...
Otherwise great work, wanna see more!
CU
Elmar

phrick
02-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Sweet! I really like that wonderful lighting.

anieves
02-13-2003, 11:01 AM
thanks for the comments guys. The ideas are really good too! I'll add a slight glow to the lights and see what I come up for the reflection brightness. Maybe corona? The reflections are blured with the image process plug so I'm not sure if I can fix the brightness without bumping the ref. intensity for the surface.

hrgiger
02-13-2003, 12:15 PM
That looks really nice overall.

I was thinking though that maybe the rooflights look a little flat. I might suggest maybe putting some sort of bump texture into the glass to indicate either a surface detail or maybe even dirt or grime on the light panels themselves. Something very subtle though that's just barely noticeable. Just a thought. Good work.

Jaffro
02-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Very impressive anieves! Really light the lighting and overall design.

Couple of real pickey things tho! :) The floor looks quite reflective, nothing wrong with that!, but that doesn't seem to tie in with the light bounce that would occur off it. Which means that all downward facing surfaces could do with a little bit of reflective light perhaps. Espically where the wall panel over-hangs the floor at the base, it seems very dark. <-- VERY picky, dont listen to that unless your real bored! hehe

Although having said that i might be picking that up because the burn out on the light surfaces themselves. A glow would be a nice addition but even after that i dont think i'd be completely convinced by them - looking at the lights id assume that they'd probably have 2 to 4 tube bulbs (fluorescent light type things, dunno if thats its proper name) and you might want to try and show that somehow.
Now that i look close i think the second point is more in tune, if you cover the lights up it draws the attention more on the hall instead of on the lights themselves. Try to keep off the full255 white outs, 250 is a different matter ;) hehe

Hmm, ive gone on enough. Cant wait to see the animation :D

HowardM
02-13-2003, 02:47 PM
looks cool, i like the scratches/dirtied floor.
I agree with everyone the lights need work...why not model real flourecent tubes and have them slightly shown thru transparent covers? and yes add a glow or corona!

spr0g
02-13-2003, 04:53 PM
thats one nice looking coridoor, only thing I have to comment on is that the ceiling (spelling) is a little too black... u may have intended to do that, but I think it looks slightly out of place

other than that... kudos

Bytehawk
02-13-2003, 04:58 PM
I would add a light luminousity map to the lights to make it a little more believable there's tech behind those lights

The Great Raja
02-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Very nice looking.
Don't Have any thing to add that hasn't already been said.

anieves
02-14-2003, 07:18 AM
cool! thanks for the advice. Since I haven't even began to animate that scene there is still room for improvement, heck I can work on it until the render scene button is pressed;) I think that I'll make some low poly tubes to place inside the lightsources as you guys suggested. I wanted to show a different material for the ceiling but you are probably right, it might look too out of place. I'll try making the lights 250 instead of 255.

Bytehawk: by a light luminosity map you mean gabo lights (gels)? or you mean a gradient on the luminosity of the surfaces?

Bytehawk
02-14-2003, 05:56 PM
something like this map in luminosity and colour channels
(mind you could prbly do better with a little more time)

anieves
02-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Bytehawk
something like this map in luminosity and colour channels
(mind you could prbly do better with a little more time)

My DSL was down so I couldn't reply back, anyways Thanks, that clears that up. I'll give it a try now that have some time;)

kenmac
02-17-2003, 10:40 AM
Excellent.....
Ken Mac

HowardM
02-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Ok Burns! heheh, been watching too many 90 minute specials!?
:)

"Homer! Youre doing a Parental Faceplant! Do a 180 Emotional Ollie quick!"