PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8.2

Tony3d
01-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Funny how all info on 8.2 has stopped. What happened to the videos and screenshots? Not one thing has been added to the Status thread. We would like to get some info if possible. Come on Chuck.......

theo
01-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Oh geesh.....I say give them as much time as they need to deliver a BUG-FREE product.

Take two more months for all I care if this will keep the bug level as low as possible.

It is not as if LW 8.0.1 is a dog and the LW 8.2 upgrade doesn't hold the key to the creation of the universe. So with this being the case just be happy with LW 8 and do your thing.

Tony3d
01-11-2005, 10:12 AM
hey, i'm not asking for the program just some of those promised videos. That's all.

theo
01-11-2005, 12:37 PM
hey, i'm not asking for the program just some of those promised videos. That's all.

Oh OK-

I just want to make sure these guys can stay focused on working out all of the bugs before rushing the update into our sweaty little hands- because believe me I can't wait either but I also hate bugs more than waiting.

Doran
01-11-2005, 12:46 PM
We would like to get some info if possible. Come on Chuck.......

What do you mean we pale face? :O)
I don't want to be included in a show of impatience, thanks.

mattclary
01-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Patience, Grasshopper.

Chris S. (Fez)
01-11-2005, 01:29 PM
I feel any impatience on the part of Newtek's customers is perfectly justified. Newtek raised hopes a bit by hinting at a holiday release. Yeah, yeah, how can you miss a release date you don't declare...spare me the semantics.

Newtek needs to take as much time as it takes to get it right. But if the delay drags out months and months and months like the 8 upgrade did, I foresee a few pissed off people. How can you not be impatient knowing we've got kickass distortion-proof subds coming our way :).

ingo
01-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Sure, wait 'till they all switched to other software because their companies deliver in time, well kind of at least.

mouse_art
01-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Sure, but they announcing nothing, but rather just releasing the updates.(mosty) ;)

I can wait...hehe, and you can it too...

pixym
01-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Hello Tony,

Perhaps you have not seen this new AA video from D storm japonese web site:
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/products/lw8/feature/820/pld01/

and other videos:
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/products/lw8/index.htm#820

private
01-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Just watch this thread: http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=32062

SplineGod
01-11-2005, 09:34 PM
To be honest Newtek gets berated when they dont release information and when they do release information, when they try to release something bug free or when they take too long.

Matt
01-12-2005, 02:26 AM
To be honest Newtek gets berated when they dont release information and when they do release information, when they try to release something bug free or when they take too long.

Was gonna post almost the exact same response yesterday!!

colkai
01-12-2005, 03:49 AM
Was gonna post almost the exact same response yesterday!!

Hehe - glad I'm not the only who thinks that way - with some of these threads, you sometimes wonder ;)

Exper
01-12-2005, 03:52 AM
Here I am... too. :D

Tony3d
01-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Look, some of you guys get way to emotional about asking anything of Newtek. I simply have not seen any of the videos which Eddy pointed out are released. Thanks Eddy. I see nothing wrong with giving out information on how product development is going. I wasn't berating anybody, just asking a simple question. I thought that's what these boards were for. Maybe I was wrong!

blabberlicious
01-12-2005, 06:46 AM
Look, some of you guys get way to emotional about asking anything of Newtek. I simply have not seen any of the videos which Eddy pointed out are released. Thanks Eddy. I see nothing wrong with giving out information on how product development is going. I wasn't berating anybody, just asking a simple question. I thought that's what these boards were for. Maybe I was wrong!

Good intentions, but the trouble usually starts when they start making announcements.

Downloads speak louder than words - which is why this forum is so quiet.

If you want some infotainment - you'd be better off watching Steve Jobs at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf05/apple.com

Watching the president of Sony lose the plot half way though his speech was priceless! (about 20 mins in)

Steve Jobs left Mr.Sony 'swingin' in the wind' for ages before stepping in - he must have really enjoyed it!.

If you want to see a truly hilarious Corporate Systems Communincation Meltdown, then it's worth a look.

Cheers

theo
01-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Here I am... too. :D

Actually you are not...just your words. ;)

Exper
01-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Actually you are not...just your words. ;)I shouldn't be so certain... who knows... maybe one day... ... ... :confused:

theo
01-12-2005, 01:14 PM
I shouldn't be so certain... who knows... maybe one day... ... ... :confused:

As of this moment I am quite certain you are NOT here. UNLESS you are stating that your words are you.

So the next step is can words be people? Or are people words? Invisible yet visible, typed words make you appear to the group. In essence the words actually create a visual perception of you to the group of other words. So we are all actually just words interacting with words. We are word people.

And we use little smilies to make our words look more like us. I will refer to this as the Smilie Relegation Syndrome. We have been granted eleven expressions to represent by proxy the thousands of facial expressions our REAL face is capable of.

The crux of the matter is that we have been digitally reduced. We are now reverting rather than evolving.

Ahh grant me relief from my fractal misery.

Exper
01-12-2005, 01:21 PM
You're far better than me... you're a word... me... just a bunch of random 1/0 permutations! :D

theo
01-12-2005, 02:47 PM
You're far better than me... you're a word... me... just a bunch of random 1/0 permutations! :D

Ahh yes....a mutating perm. I used to be one of those, I prefer being a word though. That way at least I get to use one of my eleven faces every once in a while. ;)

PeteS
01-12-2005, 04:06 PM
i'm all for getting it right.
what bothers me is that it was mentioned to be released right after the holidays. also, it's not just a fun hobby tool for some, i really need the bone updates for work! and lets not forget, i ', not uptight about a few weeks delay here...i haven't been able to get the bone tools to work properly from the begining! which is real frustrating since the bone tools where the main reason i upgraded to 8!!
that's the reason why i think it's fair for some to be a little anxious!! :(

all that being said, good luck, get it done right, better late then never.
just don't make us feel like i have no right to be anxious! :o