PDA

View Full Version : Friendsggraph 2005 (March)

kurv
01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
We are planning a trip to Vegas wanna come!!

Friendsggraph will be from March 20th – 24th with a day of training on March 23rd.

What is Friendsggraph?

Friendsggraph was made to be a time for LightWave friends to hang out and have a great time. Since were all over the country, from Canada, Florida, LA to Seattle we though… why not meet some place fun. A place that you can travel to relatively cheap.

VEGAS!!!

We (most of us) will be arriving on March 20th and that night the group, or as many of you as you like will have dinner at a place to be determined.

Monday is a day for fun, hanging out in Vegas and such. We are planning events for the evenings as a group like shows and such.

Tuesday is also a day of fun in Vegas as well. We are working on discounts on group activities for these two days. Tuesday night, we are planning a reception party. The cost of admission will be free but drinks and food are on you.

Wednesday, will be the day of training from 8 till whenever. The room closes at 5 but we can take things to a restaurant and take the Q&A their. We are still working on topics to cover but they will be advanced in nature.

The day of training will be 99.95 if you sign up between our official launch date and Feb 20th. From Feb 20th till March 5th, the price is 149.95. After that it is the door price of 179.95.

We are looking at some VERY nice hotels in Vegas and the prices we are getting for your rooms range from 75-109 per night. These are for nice hotels on the strip.

The next part of this is to try to get group discounts on food if you guys are interested in eating as a group and saving some money.

More to come!!

pdrake
01-10-2005, 07:13 PM
please keep me posted. i live in vegas.

maybe i could work out a deal if anyone needs a place to stay. ;-P

pdrake
01-10-2005, 07:14 PM
please keep me posted. i live in vegas.

maybe i could work out a deal if anyone needs a place to stay. http://vbulletin.newtek.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=241339#

harlan
01-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Shuddup Perry, you Friendsggraph whore! ;)

ciao baby

ciao

pdrake
01-11-2005, 05:33 AM
just 'cuz you can't afford me anymore . . . .

lede
01-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Kurv, This sounds like such a great idea. Thanks for getting those prices to us and I know the learning will be well worth more than those prices. Have you set a hotel for all the activities or is that still in the planning phase?

-Lee

kurv
01-11-2005, 08:33 AM

Did I miss something...? :eek:

I will have more info today but I think were basically done with the hotel and meeting space reservations.

Your options will be...

1. Come out for Friendsggraph to meet other VFX artists and have a great time in Vegas, arrival date, March 20th. The 20th - 22nd are fun days with a party for the group on the night of the 22nd. Training on the 23rd, all day.

2. come out for the training only. Arrive on the 22nd, go to the reception party and then the training on the 23rd... sleep and leave. Cheaper but you miss the Vegas fun!

The meeting will be in the hotel so technically you will never have to leave the hotel if you choose option 2. We hopped this will save folks money. But we hope that saving you money would enable most of you to be able to hang out with us Sunday through Tues.

More to come!!

kurv
01-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Kurv, This sounds like such a great idea. Thanks for getting those prices to us and I know the learning will be well worth more than those prices. Have you set a hotel for all the activities or is that still in the planning phase?

-Lee

The hotel is basically set, just gotta drop the grand to reserve it. We are reserving some rooms as well to lock in the rate of (ballpark) 79.00 plus taxes. the hotel is not a La Quinta either... not that their is anything wrong with La Quinta's. But the 79.00 rate is great for the hotel we are booking.

we will announce the hotel today.

btw, we were looking at cheaper hotels but figured after everyone paid to get a cap from the cheaper hotel to the training, they would be spending about 12 dollars. Which was less than the difference the cheaper hotels were quoting us.

Trust me I call every hotel in Vegas... they all know what LW is now and that we are invading the strip!!!

more to come!!

lede
01-11-2005, 08:23 PM
I think invading is the right words Kurv! Vegas will nerver be the same.

-Lee

harlan
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM

LOL!! That's sooo true!!! :)

hunter
01-12-2005, 11:40 AM
...the hotel is not a La Quinta either... not that their is anything wrong with La Quinta's.

Oh I beg to differ. ;) I had to fly out to Vegas to videotape a mold inspection at the La Quinta on the strip. Nasty stuff and one person died because of it, hence the inspection for the Lawyers. And they were charging more for rooms than NY NY right next door! :eek:

kurv
01-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Oh I beg to differ. ;) I had to fly out to Vegas to videotape a mold inspection at the La Quinta on the strip. Nasty stuff and one person died because of it, hence the inspection for the Lawyers. And they were charging more for rooms than NY NY right next door! :eek:

Ewww hunter..!

Well the hotel details will be wrapped up today so I will announce the location today but the rate is 79.00 per night (plus NV state tax, ect).

more to come...

kurv
01-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Okay, we booked the hotel and meeting space!

We will be staying at the Luxor Hotel and Resort. Rooms will be available from March 20th - 24th. The training will be on the 23rd as we said earlier.

We will have a web site up very soon fro you to book your stay and reservation.

There will be a reception party on the 22nd.

The room rate is 79.00 per room, plus tax or $86.11 per room. We hope that you will come out for the full 4 days, but you can come out on the 22nd - 24th if you like.

We will have 4 instructors and we will release that info and topics very soon but I will tell you it is more than worth the 99.95 price tag.

More to come!!

SplineGod
01-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Im going to be there! Im looking forward to meeting a lot of people I havent had the chance to before :)

lunarcamel
01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
The Luxor - well thats close enough to Mandalay Bay. You guys have fun - I'll be over at Mandalays lagoon :)

kurv
01-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Wanted to post and give you guys the final instructor list for the training.

Jennifer Hachigian, Dave Jerrard, Steve Warner, Larry Shultz.

Find more information here www.kurvstudios.com/friendsggraph

kurv
02-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Folks just making sure you know at Feb 18th the price for the training will go up and we will probably be out of Hotel rooms (Luxor). Please at least reserve your training space now as we do have limited space...

Please post any questions here...