PDA

View Full Version : First of my 2 graduation movies

Ge4-ce
01-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Ok. This is my first of 2 graduation movies I have to make this final year.

It is done in Lightwave and the compositing is done in Shake and Motion.

I had 3.5 months to make this from scratch to final movie.

the roadmap was like this:

- Idea
- Script
- Storyboard
- Animatic
- Animation
- Surfacing
- Lighting
- Rendering
- Compositing
- Editing
- Sound
- Final check + small corrections

It is called "Stingray's Mosquitol".

let me know what you think!

Stingray's Mosquitol movie (http://users.skynet.be/koen.delbroek)

pauland
01-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Nice concept and implementation. Good work. Not too sure what you're trying to say with the currencies though...

Paul

Doran
01-09-2005, 03:11 PM
I just want to say .. ew..

but I hope you get a good grade.

sidetrak
01-09-2005, 04:31 PM
its good but...eww

Ge4-ce
01-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Thanx for the replies...

First: "Ewww".. was something I tried to accomplish, so that worked :)

second: the differences in currencies... mmm..

I tried to give it a bit of a population character...

For example.. they say scottisch and dutch people are miserly so you have to make the product almost for free or you wont sell a single bit of it.. (no offence for these people)

In the US, everythings for sale. If you have a good product, and people believe in it, they are willing to pay a sh*tload of money for it. (it is afterall the nr 1 country of shopping channel) again, no offence ment here...

other country's are more or less a general pricing.

noyce
01-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Superb! I really like and thats a real accomplishment in such a short space of time. Well done :)

lardbros
01-13-2005, 09:13 AM
HAHAHA, i'm in the process of downloading the movie now... looking forward to it too!

I find it hilarious that even in belgium, scottish people have a name for being tight-fisted with their money! HAHAHAHA oh, its so true! (hope noone is offended, i'm half scottish anyway!)

By the way, who did the voice acting? i've just watched the first 5 seconds and im well impressed! Wish i had that kind of talent!

chemaelizondo
01-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Very cool animation, the concept is bit gross for me but the animation is very good!

JM

Ge4-ce
01-13-2005, 03:40 PM
The voice was done by Richard Wells. A brittisch Professional voice actor.

(another proof that nobody reads the credits ;) :D )

lardbros
01-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Ge4-ce: "another proof that nobody reads the credits"

Ummmm, i did read them after i had downloaded the whole thing... i asked the question before the whole thing had downloaded, i was so impressed i asked before seeing the entire thing.... sorry!!

Just out of interest... how much did you pay him and where on earth did you find the guy in the first place!! Im gobsmacked by the voice, and it makes the polish of the film so high!! Brilliant, amazing, and cant wait to your next film!!

Ge4-ce
01-14-2005, 02:49 AM
Well, it went sortoff like this:

Normally, he charges about 250 euro's about 340 $ an hour.

But at my school, most of my teachers don't only teach but also work in the same business. So my audio teacher had a private assingment and had several texts that had to be recorded. He hired the man for his job, and as some sort of future advertisement, they are willing to record small things for students as well. (for free but he was payed for the other job anyway)

We also had a great french voice, a german voice and then offcourse english. I also had the german voice to speak the same english text!! that was very funny.

"ze mosquitos vear special vhelmits ... they schting ze pimple... "

However, the "feeling" of the german voice was funny, but not enthousiastic enough, so I went for the english' american-accent' voice. ( I also have an "OXford english version)

On the DVD, I'm going to include both languages, and maybe another languages, all in english but in the native languages accent => language selection menu