PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mission

davie563
01-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Ok, thats it....all done ! :D

plz check the movie out and leave ur replys here plz, cheers for all the advice and i cant wait to hear what u think :p

www.fraserdavie.com Go to the 3D section and then select pathfinder mission, u will find the movie at the bottom of the page, its 10mb Quiktime movie :p

cheers

here is a we storyboard :p

davie563
01-07-2005, 07:12 AM
no comments :(

etyrihje
01-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Lovely job!
I especially like the shot of the pod approaching Mars with the red light flashing. I also loved the shot on the martian surface where the craft opens, very nice texturing/render.

The shot of earth were the rocket approaches on the right didnt work as good as the others, the rocket would light uo the clouds as it passes them, also I think the lens flare effect is a bit fake.

I also feel that cutting to a dark screen with the text takes away the flow of the promo, I would have put the texts on top of a shot of Mars and added a subtle move to it.

Overall your work is very impressive, it is well above the level one expects for documentary 3d work!

davie563
01-07-2005, 09:22 AM
lol, cheers for the comments, it only a Uni project, but its funny u mentioned the rocket scenes, i had a great scene all made with lots of clouds and the rocket passed throu them, i also had a collision detection on the cloud so it moved :p but its estimate to render at 640*480 at Low Anti-A was 400hrs LOL so u can see why i had to use background plates to try and create the same effect :( only bummer. but i will prob contniue to work on the scene and prob next summer will pay a online render farm to do it for me, for my showreel ill pay $200 but i felt that was a bit steep for a Uni project :p

thx for the replys, and all the help :)

Zarathustra
01-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Came out great. What's a "Uni" project? Help out a guy who only knows American flavors of English.

mattclary
01-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I think it's shorthand for "university". I see it crop up every now and then.

davie563
01-07-2005, 12:43 PM
lol, yeah. its my University Project :p

Glad u all like it

byte_fx
01-11-2005, 12:59 PM
sorry to say that my firewall keeps blocking the actual animation.

bummer.

byte_fx

chemaelizondo
01-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Very cool animation.
How did you make the smoke?
Cheers

JM

marlo.steed
01-13-2005, 10:48 PM
I agree with some the critiques and compliments above. However, you need to stream or set the movie for quick start - you can use QuickTime pro for that. A movie that large on the Internet takes too long to download - even with a fast connection (make it half that size for the web). The other thing that I have to mention is, why to do we need to see the hind end of a women? Sorry it just doesn't seem appropriate.

davie563
01-14-2005, 09:15 AM
The other thing that I have to mention is, why to do we need to see the hind end of a women? Sorry it just doesn't seem appropriate.

u have lost me ??

LOL, u mean my AVATAR, well u are the only person ever 2 complain :p i LOVE it !!