PDA

View Full Version : Confusion over missing(?) tools.

wave1345
01-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Okay, here's how it goes:

Over the course of doing some tutorials for Lightwave 8, I've encountered some problems finding things where I'm said to look. For example, when told to activate Skygen by going to Utilities>Additional, Additional is grayed out. Or when told to add a particle emitter by going to Items>Add>Dynamic Obj, Dynamic Obj is grayed out! I've not been able to find Sasquatch Lite, ever. I also seem to be missing this "scene" tab I somewhat frequently see reference to. Am I the biggest idiot in the world, am I missing some important step? Any help/info would be wonderful. Thanks.

Edit: I've added and readded all of my plugins multiple times.

JamesCurtis
01-06-2005, 05:49 PM
You may need to rescan your Lightwave 3D Layout plugins directories. Sounds like an install didn't load all of them.

wave1345
01-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Quick reply. :D

Well, I've used the "scan directory", targetting the main Lightwave folder, assuming that that would pick everything up. It says they were "successfully installed", but I see no evidence that they were!

BeeVee
01-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Do an Alt F9, check it's set to default, and Alt F10, check it's set to default and an Alt F11, Scan Directory. If those fail delete your config files (while LightWave is not running) and restart LightWave.

B

wave1345
01-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Thanks much, BeeVee and James! Problem solved. Not sure how, though. I switched the layout to 7.5 style and then back to default, and all of my little buttons lit up. I believe all is well. :) Thanks for the help.