PDA

View Full Version : Update Model

chemaelizondo
01-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Working with LW 8.
I have a problem with the inteaction between Modeler and Layout:

After updating the geometry in Modeler, the model won´t update in to layout.

Does any one know how to solve this?

Thanks

JM :confused:

Silkrooster
01-06-2005, 07:06 PM
If you first save the model to your hard drive and you still are having problems, then check and see if your firewall is blocking modeler and layout from communicating with each other. As both programs use the internet protocol to talk to each other.
Silk

evenflcw
01-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Is the hub running? Did you send the model over from Modeler to Layout or vice-versa, or did you load the same object in each program? What happens if you choose the option Synchronize Layout (in Modeler, top rightmost dropdown menu)?

chemaelizondo
01-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Alright guys.
Aparently inadvertently I had made a copy of the model and this new document was being taken as the one linked to tha hub.

It has been solved now.

Thank you for your aid.

JM :o

svdelle
12-22-2005, 03:49 PM
The model was made with Modo?

I find that I have to delete all models, and reimport them again. And that really sucks. It sucks so much that I simply can't believe this is what I have to do ... there MUST be a simple 'Update Model' button somewhere in this app!?

toby
12-23-2005, 03:53 PM
The model was made with Modo?

I find that I have to delete all models, and reimport them again. And that really sucks. It sucks so much that I simply can't believe this is what I have to do ... there MUST be a simple 'Update Model' button somewhere in this app!?
I assume you don't expect the models to update from modo through the hub, but what you're asking isn't clear. Did you bring the model into Modeler, and make changes there and it doesn't update through the hub?

Do you not know about the 'replace with object file' command?

Do you have clones of the object in layout?