PDA

View Full Version : Modeler7.5c fonts unrecognized

rebohn
01-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I installed the fonts that came with 7.5 in the main library fonts folder in OS10.2.8, but the Edit Font utility in Modeler doesn't see them. Neither does there seem to be a way to point the utility to the fonts folder in the Home library, if that would make any difference. Are these fonts for OS9 perhaps?

ninjaman
01-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Actually, I think they are PC fonts (Doh!). You then neeed to convert them to Mac format. Use Fontographer or some utility like that.

Johan Grönwall

rebohn
01-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks, ninjaman. I just discovered another (!) font library in the OSX system folder--obviously I don't mess around with fonts very much--it seems to be the one LW is going to. I'll try using this one!

rebohn
01-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Can't add fonts to the system fonts folder. Since I can't point the Font edit ute in Modeler to my User fonts directory, I guess this finishes the issue. :confused:

noiseboy
01-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Your best bet is to forget about about font support in LW, its not worth it. you can only load 1 font at a time (truetype) and then it forgets them from one launch to another. Best bet is to create your text outlines in Illustrator and import them. Goodnight.

riki
01-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Fonts have never been handled very well in Lightwave.