PDA

View Full Version : kill the Antialiasing Level panel :O)

Kuzey
01-06-2005, 04:35 AM
I'm using 7.5 so I don't know if it's changed in v8, but clicking on the Antialiasing button to bring up the Antialiasing Level panel just to make one selection seems wrong :rolleyes:

I would make the Antialiasing button into a popup with the all the options there ;)

Sorry if this has been posted before but it just came to me the other day.

Kuzey

evenflcw
01-06-2005, 08:07 AM
I would agree with this. LW needs less panels and more direct access. But you could infact create this menu yourself by help of LS Commander. If you change the AA setting with LS Commander open, you'll see that each AA setting is just a simple oneliner, so it's only a matter of hitting Install to create a new command/buttton out of each AA setting. Then just edit the menues. I already created mine :)

Karmacop
01-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Except that you can't set antialiasing to the enhanced options :(

Kainlamond
01-27-2005, 03:43 PM
I think you should be able to just type in the number of passes 0-99

Karmacop
01-27-2005, 08:48 PM
The problem with this is where do you sample? At the moment the samples are all evenly spaced, but if you had say 2 samples, how do you sample? Anything more than 5 would be good though, but still a bit odd I think.

wacom
01-29-2005, 12:34 AM
What is so confusing about the current AA setup? If Fprime had better noise reduction it might be more your way to go as it slowly keeps refining the AA. I just don't agree Since there are so many times that small changes make a big diffrence in this area.