PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed - How to round edge

wtdedula
01-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Hello All;
Take a look at the following attachment. I am trying to figure out the best way to round the tip of the wing in just the same way the rest of the wing is rounded. I've tried cutting the end polygons in half and then moving the middle points a bit outward and I've tried a lots of other things and nothing I have tried so far is giving me a nicely rounded edge as the rest of the wing.

Anyone have any ideas, tips, etc ... ?

For those of you curious what I am trying to model, take a look at http://marsairplane.larc.nasa.gov/graphics/front_sky_640.jpg

I also have another question but I am posting that in a separate message.

Tim :)

Silkrooster
01-05-2005, 04:34 PM
I am sure there are several ways to do this, that is one thing I learned about LW, is how many different ways there are to accomplish the same thing, some quicker than others.
What I usually do is select all those end polys, and either smooth shift or use extender plus, both will accomlish the same thing, then I would use the move tool to move the new geometry out some, then use the size tool to reduce the size of the new geometry, if it is not smooth enough, just repeat. If you want a point on the end (which I don't think you would need to do) is you can do an average weld to the points.
Silk

Bass
01-05-2005, 05:18 PM
JettoBevel