PDA

View Full Version : Rounder Error mesage problem

norvman
01-04-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm getting this error message every time I use Rounder in modeler...

Snip**********************
Error
a selected point is not inside the surface of the selected polygons (LT 38)
an error has occured that may leave modeler unstable. please save your work immediately
Snip***********************

when I use rounder on a just created box.... that has been mirrored... but no polygons or points have been selected....
I get that message...

Anyone know what is causing this? and how to fix it... my rounder is completely useless at this point because of this problem...

I have already deleted my config files twice trying to fix this......

I"m stumped.... :confused:

Silkrooster
01-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Because you said a box created and mirrored, I am to beleive that the center points were far enough apart that they did not get merged, which should generate the error you got. If this is the case, undo the mirror select the points closest to the axis and set value to zero. This should put those points exactly on the axis, then when you mirror, the points will get merged. Hopefully this should take care of your error.
Silk

norvman
01-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks Silk....

no I don't think that was it as I do align my points Ctrl-v to an axis before I mirror...

but that still might have caused it...

NewTek has suggested that I reinstall LW cause I was having some other problems...

I am now getting this error every time I use rounder ... with or without a mirror operation.... so maybe the Reinstall will solve it....

:confused: