PDA

View Full Version : Splinegod - IK Booster Question

spec24
01-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Got your IK Booster video from Kurv today - so far so good, enjoying it thoroughly! Have only watched the first video and a question came up immediately as I attempted to recreate what you were doing. You mention that IK Booster "auto keys" on it's own, however this doesn't seem to be the case any more in 8.0.1 - is that right?? I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. I do remember trying out IK Booster when I first got 8 and I didn't like the fact that it created a keyframe for me (if I remember correctly). Thanks in advance. I'll keep you posted on the progress :)

spec24
01-04-2005, 10:36 AM
...also, the Kurv DVD is packed full of wholesome goodness for a really good price - I was also on your site looking at some of your purchaseable tutorials, are these as content extensive as the Kurv videos? I feel that the Kurv video really gave me a lot for my money.

UnCommonGrafx
01-04-2005, 11:06 AM
It's the same.

Keep watching the vids as he will explain about the keying process of parents, children, all, etc. Lots of possiblities.

Sounds like you have it set on a setting where on the object, or two, are being keyed: parent or self&parent (don't remember what it's really called.)

spec24
01-04-2005, 11:23 AM
This is not an enhancement in 8.0.1?? When I first used IKBooster I remember this and thought it was really dumb - I had no keyframe marks, nothing to clue me in to where a keyframe was made. Now, since I've downloaded 8.0.1, there is no automatic keyframing within IKBooster it would seem, I either have to make it by hitting Enter or turn on autokey, which makes much more sense.
In the video Larry points out that when moving the IKBooster chain a keyframe is automatically created. It didn't matter who I had selected, no keyframes were created. Also - within the video no visualcue was given in the timeline that a keyframe was made, however when I make a keyframe in IKBooster I do get the visual cue (little vertical yellow line).

SplineGod
01-06-2005, 01:18 AM
Hey Spec!
I would definately recommending using the KURV forums that are setup to support the materials. That autokey thing is something that may have changed in between IKBooster versions. :)

spec24
01-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks SG (can I call you SG? :) ) - I'll check it out.

SplineGod
01-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Sure you can. :)