PDA

View Full Version : 3D Art to Part

spec24
01-03-2005, 10:42 AM
I know some people on the forums have used these guys (http://www.3darttopart.com) because I see some of their 3D models on the site. I sent them a model for quote on the 20th and have still heard nothing back. I sent them a follow up email early last week and still no response. Any one have any luck with them?

nemac4
01-03-2005, 11:39 AM
They may be on vacation for the holidays.

spec24
01-03-2005, 11:58 AM
I thought about that but seems not only like a really long time but kind of unprofessional to not give anyone any idea - since the reply email said they would reply typically within 48 hours. But - you may be right. I'll give 'em a little while longer.

spec24
01-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Isn't that funny. I just got an email from them. Hmmm.

nemac4
01-03-2005, 12:33 PM
:)
It's Monday so I guess most people are back by now. Many of the folks I work with were gone for 2 weeks or better.

spec24
01-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Holy Shmokes! Where do you work? The best I ever had was a week. This year was one day.

nemac4
01-03-2005, 01:31 PM
I didn't get any extra days,.. just my managers :rolleyes:
I currently work for cheap channel,.. hmm,.. I mean Clear Channel. :D

kopperdrake
01-04-2005, 06:12 AM
I know they weren't the quickest with email turnaround, but you'll get your model in the end :) I ordered one middle of November and it was turned around in about 3 weeks. I guess your Thanksgiving got in the way maybe, plus it had to be delivered to the UK :)

The model's cute though :D I'm really chuffed with it! You lose the really small details but the textures rather nice...like sandstone :)

Dunk

dwburman
01-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Just make sure you up the geometry so it looks smooth in flat shade mode. That was my mistake (not doing that). :(

It's still very cool to have it.

G-Fox
01-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Yes that IS cool! I lllllike! it. :D
And this is the first I heard of a web site that will do this.
I will half to check it out.
I have a Glath I am working on I would love to have a
physical model of it. Even if it is small.
I may post a PIC of it when it is done.

spec24
01-04-2005, 06:11 PM
very nice, thanks for the pic

kurv
01-05-2005, 08:23 AM
spec24, Rod and the folks at 3DAtP ROCK!!! Your in good hands... Be sure to share your model with us when you have it done if you can.

Tell Rod, Wes said Heeelllllooooooo !!!

(Long time customer)

spec24
01-05-2005, 08:32 AM
will do kurv. Also I got one of your video tutorials, IK Booster, so far so good. Want to say it was easy to order and came lickety split. Appreciate that!

kurv
01-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey, thank you sir!!! We appreciate it!! Please be sure to post your work in our forums so we can see your progress and such, glad you like it.

The Pumpkin Project looks cool btw!!

SplineGod
01-06-2005, 01:31 AM
My wife actually got me this for Christmas (we can still say that right?).
It turned out well and she was pretty happy with their support and turn around time.
http://www.darkpurplid.com/Christmas.jpg

G-Fox
01-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Well the price is more then I thought but I think I am still going to
get this sent in to have it made.
I still need to make some finishing touches to it though.
But hear it is my second finished model in LightWave a Glaive. :)

As you can see I have a long way to go in learning LightWave.

O and sorry about the miss spelling of that earlier. :rolleyes:
This happens to me all the time. :o
What the heck is a Glath?!? :confused:

Hervé
01-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Hello, is there a company that do more precise protos...

I have found many on the web, but they all look like they only work for industrial parts.... :confused:

spec24
01-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Hello, is there a company that do more precise protos...

I have found many on the web, but they all look like they only work for industrial parts.... :confused:

yeah, I work in that industy currently (yaaaaaaaawn, slowly working my way out :) ) and most prototypes I have ever seen are pretty well finished, but hey are made with a different process. There are other methods of doing it which give you better models but the equipment is much mroe expensive and therefore tends to make the final product more expensive.