PDA

View Full Version : Motion Designer Question

A.Russell
01-03-2005, 04:59 AM
Is it possible to have motion designer start its motion on a certian key frame. I have a model of a girl, and I want her dress to fall off, but not until a certain frame. Every time I start MD it starts to fall off from the first frame.

Failing that, Is it possible to move a whole animation at once. The Create Key command only moves on key frame at a time, which is a pain when you have over 1000.

I am using Lightwave 7.5. I do have Lightwave 8, but the plugin for exporting models to my game platform doesn't work with it.

spec24
01-03-2005, 08:55 AM
If you do the MD_Scan and then reload that into motion designer after the fact you should be able to adjust the timing of the motion.

Integrity
01-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Just to add so you don't think you failed...you can set what frame it starts calculation. Without using Motion Designer...as a normal task...you can select a range of frames to play when animating in the timeline. As far as I know, whatever frames are showing up in the timeline, that's what it will calculate. So if you change the beginning frame of the range, that frame is where it will start.

I hope this helps.

A.Russell
01-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Actually, adjusting the timeline was what I ended up doing. I couldn't figure out how to do it the other way.

The problem with it is that the animation on the MD objects is frozen outside the timeline. It was for a video game, and I ended up making two animations, one with MD and one without, and blended them in another aplication.