PDA

View Full Version : VT4 SP1 weirdness

GrayingMatter
01-03-2005, 02:22 AM
I installed SP1 a couple of days ago and am getting some freezing and other odd occurences.

First, it is freezing on me intermittently but way too often. I am editing a 15 minute show and VTEdit will just become non-responsive. I have tried to figure out what causes it, but I haven't seen any patterns. If I go into the Windows Task Manager, the VT program may be pulling 4% of the CPUs. I have to do the Toaster salute, CTRL-V-T to bomb out of it.

Also, has the Preferences panel in SP1 changed from the original VT4? I'm seeing the Speed Razor section in SP1. I thought it went away in the original VT4.

Finally, just before I shut down for the night, (in VTEdit) when I hit the CTRL key (and just the CTRL key) a Fade would be added to the Timeline. If I held the CTRL key down, multiple Fades would be added. (I checked and CAPS Lock was not on.)

I am open to all suggestions.

Dick

Jim Capillo
01-03-2005, 04:06 AM
Weird...... did you have VT[3] installed or is this a clean install?

I'm thinking there might be some rogue files in there. :confused:

GrayingMatter
01-03-2005, 01:49 PM
VT3 was installed and then VT4 and now SP1.

Rogue indeed.

Dick

SCS5
01-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I can't even get the VT4 SP1 to install. It says it can't find a patchupgradeable version of VT4! and it will now skedaddle!!!!! ...Funny?..... I don't think so!
Anyone got some ideas?

Ivan
01-03-2005, 04:23 PM
When you go to the "About" in your VT menu what version does it say you are running? I have come across a couple of shipped versions of VT4. I found this because Bob's plugins are version specific. I wonder if the upgrade needs the later version that was shipped.

Ivan

SCS5
01-03-2005, 06:26 PM
It's build 5432. I have the same problem on my VT4 at home & VT4 at work!The only thing I can think of that's not standard VT4 , is that I installed some Beta Audio Drivers from NT to try to fix the VT4 audio bugs.

01-03-2005, 06:33 PM
finding similar problem with vt4 patch,

finding projects taking ages to load, or not loading at all.

Paul Lara
01-04-2005, 08:18 AM
It's build 5432. I have the same problem on my VT4 at home & VT4 at work!The only thing I can think of that's not standard VT4 , is that I installed some Beta Audio Drivers from NT to try to fix the VT4 audio bugs.

I don't believe the audio drivers would trigger this notification, as those drivers were manually copied over, instead of installed. My guess is that you have a Beta version of VT[4] installed. Uninstall and re-install from the VT[4] Program CD, then you can put SP1 on top of that.