PDA

View Full Version : Fprime for mac (not seeing bones..?)

etyrihje
12-30-2004, 08:56 PM
Hi, after finally starting to become comfortable with the modelling part of LW I have just done my first tests adding bones and trying some simple animation.

Can anyone tell me why my object when rendered by Fprime is stuck in its original pose, unaffected by the bones I have set up, while the built-in renderer works fine?

Is this a limitation or did I miss some settings somewhere?

Help/Clarification appreciated!

Oh.. and happy new year!

BrianW
12-31-2004, 05:48 AM
Select the object with the bones and hit "p" for properties. Under the Geometry Tab set the Subdivision Order from first to last and that should do it. If Fprime still doesn't see them keep hiting the refresh button for Fprime until they show up!
Hope that helps a little.
Brian W

kfinla
12-31-2004, 06:23 AM
You also need to add Fprime as a deformation plugin in the objects properties (p) tab. That should fix things.

etyrihje
12-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the help, sadly it doesnt seem to work for me so far...

1) I attempted your advise BrianW, sadly it didnt make any difference
2) kfinla I also tried your suggestion (LW then told me "LW doesnt share an objects shape with fprime when subdivison order is set to last"... I tried setting subdivision order first / last and the other options... still my model is spreading his arms in Fprime, and croutching in the built in renderer...

I am a newbie to LW (despite on and off training for 2 years) maybe I am missing something basic you didnt think off, I REALLY appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Captain Obvious
01-01-2005, 06:21 PM
On a slightly related note, how is the performance in FPrime on Macs compared to x86 computers?

etyrihje
01-01-2005, 06:51 PM
kfinla tried what you said again today on a new setup of the same scene - and you know what... today it worked! (I might have selected the wrong object last night, dont really know...)

Captain Obvious if you want the experts comment on that question make a new thread and the pros will answer you... all I can say is that Fprime rocks! (on the mac)

Captain Obvious
01-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Captain Obvious if you want the experts comment on that question make a new thread and the pros will answer you... all I can say is that Fprime rocks! (on the mac)

Yes, I know. It's not very vital, though, so I figured I'd just ask since there should, logically, be people who've used Fprime on a Mac reading the thread. I really didn't think it was important enough to start a whole new thread about it. ;)

[/thread hijack]

kfinla
01-02-2005, 10:48 AM
I use Frpime almost exclusively, but it feels like we've been waiting forever (almost a year) for an upate to Fprime, or any of the Worley plugs for that matter, it love to see sasquatch 2, or a multithreaded frpime that works with shaders, maybe once LW 8.2 shows up mr. worley will have a new sdk to work with?

Crocodilian
01-02-2005, 12:12 PM
kfinla tried what you said again today on a new setup of the same scene - and you know what... today it worked! (I might have selected the wrong object last night, dont really know...)
mac)

Be aware that you have to click "update Fprime" to force some changes through to it. . .that is, you can be doing the right thing, and then Fprime doesn't see it because you haven't "forced" the update. I mention this, because this is often the issue you when an Fprime problem is solved "the next day" -- eg, when you restart the application and reload the scene.

etyrihje
01-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Be aware that you have to click "update Fprime" to force some changes through to it. . .that is, you can be doing the right thing, and then Fprime doesn't see it because you haven't "forced" the update. I mention this, because this is often the issue you when an Fprime problem is solved "the next day" -- eg, when you restart the application and reload the scene.

Good point, however I canīt seem to find the "update fprime" button, is it on some fprime menu I havenīt put in my layout?

bloontz
01-03-2005, 05:44 PM
There is a FPrime Refresh command that you can add to your interface. Also, according to the FPrime docs you shouldn't set subdivision to last.