PDA

View Full Version : best art school?

silverline
04-13-2003, 08:43 AM
Sup ?

I'm bout ready to choose a school specifically for 3d modeling,animation which will be paid for courtesy of the navy :)
Just trying to decide which one is best- money being no object.
Any thoughts? I was thinking of Sheridan in Ontario, Calarts, Academy of Art in San Francisco so far.

private
04-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Lucky bastard. Stuff going on at 3D Buzz is pretty incredible. I would take a peak there!
www.3dbuzz.com

Along with free learning material, they have courses upon courses at their centre. That's where I would go.

hrgiger
04-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Where do you live? There's Columbus college of Art and Design here in Columbus, OH. Then there's also Pittsburgh art institute in PA. Both have computer animation.

silverline
04-13-2003, 11:04 AM
right now I live in San Diego - but I plan to move - I just want to go to the best school there is. Hopefully one with a nice location and a few women around :)

Oddgit
04-25-2003, 11:13 PM
it is pretty good. infact it is really cool my friend has been to pixar and we are going to go to LucasArts for tours of the studio. just be warned they mwake you learn how to draw and paint and sculpt on top of all of your computer art skills. a lot of the students are very supprized and upset that they actually have to draw. oh my god actauly draw on paper or sculpt in clay! the first few semesters are designed to weed out those people, and it usually dose. the calsses are very good. hell my After Effects teacher worked in Episode 1 and 2. he came to the Academy from ILM because the academy pays more.

if you have any questions feel free to email me. the school is really good about sending you info. go to academyart.edu and request a catalog.