PDA

View Full Version : Demon

red_eyes23
12-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Hi all,
this is my last work.
It has taken me a while for finishing 'couse I'm actually working but I'm enough satisfied of the result.
The textures are a mix between image maps and procedurals.
Comments and critics are welcome.

P.S if it is too dark(monitor problems),please advertise me,I'll make it brighter

spec24
01-04-2005, 10:58 AM
very eerie. Is he meant to look flat like he's "in" the wall (or whatever is behind him?) - that's the impression I get.

red_eyes23
01-04-2005, 03:27 PM
He should be in front of the wall but since the moment the textures of the wall are really similar to those ones of the skin,it may seems it is in the wall.
You are the the third person telling me this thing(maybe with a different pov it wouldn't seem put in the wall),maybe in the future I could work some more on this piece.
Thanks for the comment and the crit,really appreciated.

sidetrak
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
what level aliasing are you using?

Rion411
01-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Eerie indeed! :eek: I dig it.

red_eyes23
01-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the comments.
This image have not anti-alias,I know it may seem strange but when you use procedurals,in this case it is a mix of image maps and procedurals but it works the same, there is not need of anti-alias.

sidetrak
01-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Are you sure? I cant check now to make sure but when I click the aliasing button on the surface preview, it always looks different…ill take your word for it I guess, if that’s not the problem then maybe I think your bumps is to strong

red_eyes23
01-07-2005, 06:38 AM
Since the moment I'm still learning lightwave(there are some things I think I know well and many things I don't know)and It is a while since I finished this image(memory lack possible)
I may be wrong ,but,for the wall(all procedurals textures)
has been no need of antialias since the moment the final look in the image was almost the same with or without anti-alias.
For the demon(textures mix): with an high level of antialias the skin was looking too dry while with low level or without anti-alias
the skin was getting the result I want,that was slimy skin.
Maybe you got reason about the bump,but it is so strong 'couse I wanted it in this way.
I hope this is a good answer,thanks for comment and crit.

Dodgy
01-07-2005, 08:17 AM
AA definitely does make a difference with procedurals. Just look at the grid procedural for example.

renatolazzaroni
01-07-2005, 08:28 AM
very eerie. Is he meant to look flat like he's "in" the wall (or whatever is behind him?) - that's the impression I get.

Maybe the demon should cast some shadow on the wall, so he would detach himself from it.
Anyway, the wall texture is absolutely awesome !

Renato

red_eyes23
01-07-2005, 02:14 PM
There is difference effectivly using anti-alias or not with procedurals but in my case was really little.
The shadow probably will make the trick,maybe in future I'll try to implement all your suggestions.
Thanks again for comments and crits.

sidetrak
01-07-2005, 07:56 PM
yea, if the difference was so subtle then i can see why you would draw that conclusion, it makes sense