PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Mouse (Logitech mx500)

slope
04-13-2003, 05:40 AM
Hello,

I'm using Lightwave version 7, and I have a slight problem with my mouse sensitivity.

It seems that LW overwrites the mouse-acceleration settings I use in Windows (XP). I have a setting of "low acceleration" and in LW it "feels" that the acceleration is completely disabled, or the mouse sensitivity is a little bit slower.

I can't work in that way beacuse I always miss the vertexes or buttons :-)

Is there any option in LW to solve this problem? Any other ideas? (I installed the latest Logitech drivers).

Thanks in advance

big back comics
04-13-2003, 10:26 AM
Hi Slope:

For what its worth, I bought the same mouse to replace the one that came with my new dell system.

I ended up taking it back to Staples and getting the microsoft intellimouse because I was experiencing similar problems (not just in Lightwave but every program). I run windows 2000 pro.

I also didn't care for the smaller feeling grip.

Anyway the microsoft mouse just feels way better to me.

Just my 2 cents.

slope
04-13-2003, 10:38 AM
Well, ok thanks for the infos.. I rather would not change my mouse, I do not have this problem in any other application.

Perhaps someone also uses the Logitech mx500 and has to add some infos about that?

Thanks

slope
04-13-2003, 10:52 AM
I just solved the problem - I downloaded the latest MouseWare from Logitech.com, version 9.76 and installed it. There is a new option in the MouseWare configuration window: "activate mouse acceleration in games". If I deactivate it, I experience the same mouse acceleration in Lightwave as in Windows itself.

I just wanted to post it, possilby another one has the same problem.

Calamari
05-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Hi Slope,

I had the same problem (Mx700) and thought I was going crazy, untill I actually measure the amount my mouse moved in and out of LW..

Thanks for the info

Calamari

PuG
05-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Im using a MX 700, never had any trouble and ive been using it with a couple versions of LW now.

Mind you, Ive never installed the proper Logitech drivers as I never seen anypoint because WinXP's auto driver selection seems to work fine as all the buttons etc work.