PDA

View Full Version : A minor tutorial for you, and more to come.

stoehr
04-12-2003, 11:49 PM
This tut focuses on using Lightwave and Aura together. Despite the recent disappearing act of Aura from the web, I plan to continue to use it and spread the knowledge.

http://www.theladyandthelion.com - it's in the far left column

rabid pitbull
04-13-2003, 08:13 AM
nicely done!

AstroSeth
04-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Really Great Job. I have been chasing your posts.

Aura refers lw3.cfg, tell us the old content dir of previous LW session. Will NT fix the bug?

Regards.

stoehr
04-14-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by AstroSeth
Really Great Job. I have been chasing your posts.

Aura refers lw3.cfg, tell us the old content dir of previous LW session. Will NT fix the bug?

Regards.
Aura will automatically find the lw3.cfg, if you launch your previously made Aura Config (ie. UVPainting config I use in the tutorial). Most importantly, don't launch Aura from the hub, use the Start menu. And launch Aura after you have launched Modeler/layout.
It is a bug, but the work around right now is to launch from Start.

matzofast
04-28-2003, 02:44 PM
I have a boxed version of aura 2.0 upgraded to 2.5b and I am trying to follow your tutorial on painting UVmaps...

could anyone tell me where the llightwave viewer plugin is and how do I install it. Is it included in the 2.5 upgrade?

it should be at : filters>preview>lightwaveViewer

but I have only : directshow + dv ???

can this lightwave viewer be downloaded anywhere?

once I get it will I have to install it or just restart Aura?

any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,

hal floyd

btw : the tutorial is done very nicely! I can't wait to be able to complete it. Thanks for taking the time to help others learn. You rock!!

matzofast
04-28-2003, 03:18 PM
to answer my earlier question...

when all else fails ....
re install !!!

:p

MikeFrHoweTx
04-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Professor Stoehr,
Thank you for the great tutorials! However Iím once again amazed at you pure FlashMX site, which shows a unique artistic programming ability, interwoven with your art skills. Mike

Hey Matzofast,
Your name is typical of my weekly eating cycle. I had problems with being overweight and I took neo-sugars out of my diet (corn-syrup, glucose, dextrose etc). Iím 5í8Ē and when I go out of my 148-155 medium built range, I just fast (and pray for control) for 1-4 days till Iím back in that range. I break my fast with Atkins-like meats, vegetables and Streitís Matzos, which have no neo-sugars like Nabisco etc. If you go to Howeís highway 5 and see a nutty biker with an orange shirt make sure you say Hi.
Take Care. Mike