PDA

View Full Version : Moving texture

Realimagesvideo
12-27-2004, 01:54 PM
I think I should know this, but I'm just brain fried at the moment. How do I get a texture color map to move through an object such as a curved tube such that the texture maintains its alignment to the direction of the path it follows. Kinda like aligned to path for a motion object, but for a texture only.

I hope that makes sense.

Jorjo
12-27-2004, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure that I'm reading you right, But moving texture is simple by using an avi or mpeg file. Import it as you would a jpg but you will need to select "all files" instead of "image" in the explorer window when you reach the folder.

Select cylindrical, and axis and basicly treat the avi as you would a jpg texture.

Also rem to click edit image if and set accordingly if you need the file to loop. the default in the image editor will be "hold last frame"

:o

Jorjo

Realimagesvideo
12-27-2004, 07:28 PM
Nope....this is what I mean.

I want to take this color map (yellow and black) and have it move through this curved tube. As it moves through the tube, it maintains it's shape and not stretches as it move around the curves. The resulting look is the color yellow evenly spaced out moving along the curve. Does that help?

toby
12-27-2004, 08:47 PM
The morph trick might work but that's a pretty twisty path, you might have to use UV's -

Model the tube straight, create a morph in the final shape you want, texture it, then apply the morph in layout and the texture's path should follow the morph too.

prospector
12-27-2004, 11:49 PM
toby is correct

SplineGod
12-28-2004, 03:08 AM
Create a template poly that youre going to use to rail extrude. Create a UV map and apply it to your template polygon. When you do the rail extrude youll notice that you can create UVs. Once you do that its pretty simple. :)