PDA

View Full Version : Camera perspectives >.<

HyperViper
12-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Hello,
I am new to Lightwave 8, i know the basics... but one thing that I have not yet figured out.. When i create an object in modeler, say a cube, 3mx3mx3m, and say I wanted the camera to portray that somewhat close to real life size, where the camera itself was at eye level of a human. then I create an even bigger hollow cube, much much larger. say 1km,1km,1km and export all of it into layout... the camera automatically scales in perspective to the larger cube, so when I aim the camera at the smaller cube.. its extremely tiny.. and if I play with the focal lengths and settings I only succeed in getting the cube closer until its so close it starts to cut through the object, but also when playing with those settings i throw off the visual perspective of the outside cube.. So basically what i am trying to do is create an object, not much bigger then 3m,3m,3m and then an external hollow object as the inside of a structure, and I want to keep the camera in regular perpsective to the smaller object.. Can ANYONE help me with this please.. iv spent many long gruelin hours trying to figure this out

Cheers

bradl
12-27-2004, 01:30 AM
Send the smaller object to Layout. In layout manually set a camera keyframe. Make note of Grid Square Size (Display Properties D). Send larger object into layout then adjust grid square size accordingly.

toby
12-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Lightwave will only adjust the grid size for you if you have not set it yourself - once you change it, it will not change automatically anymore. You can use the bracket keys ( [] ) to change the grid size up or down manually.