PDA

View Full Version : Mac LW 8.0.1 Band Saw Pro tool does not work

Bill K
12-26-2004, 02:16 PM
I am trying to use the new Band Saw Pro tool in LW 8.0.1 Modeler working on a Mac G4 1.42 GHz with 2 gigs RAM, Mac OS 10.3.4

I am trying to follow along with a Dan Ablan tutorial; whenever I click on the Band Saw Pro tool in polygon mode with an entire cylindrical object selected, nothing happens. I am trying to divide the cylindrical object into sections for bones. I could do this in a number of ways (i.e., divide the cylinder object), but I want to be able to use the Band Saw Pro tool - Is there a step I am missing?

The "old" Bandsaw tool works just fine, dividing the cylinder into sections for bones. I have tried rescanning plugins, deleting prefs and rescanning plugins, to no effect. As a last resort, I tried reinstalling LW 8.0.1 - the Bandsaw Pro tool still does not work.

Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions on how I can get the new Bandsaw Pro tool to work? Thanks for any input.

Bill K

noiseboy
12-26-2004, 02:44 PM
I am trying to use the new Band Saw Pro tool in LW 8.0.1 Modeler working on a Mac G4 1.42 GHz with 2 gigs RAM, Mac OS 10.3.4

I am trying to follow along with a Dan Ablan tutorial; whenever I click on the Band Saw Pro tool in polygon mode with an entire cylindrical object selected, nothing happens. I am trying to divide the cylindrical object into sections for bones. I could do this in a number of ways (i.e., divide the cylinder object), but I want to be able to use the Band Saw Pro tool - Is there a step I am missing?
Bill K

Band saw pro works here in 8.01, select polys to divide, open bandsawpro, and Numeric panel, make sure that Enable divide is ticked, then play with the settings to get the result you want (interactively). You only need a few polys selected to give BS the direction of divide, not the entire object.

Bill K
12-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Thanks! - I can't believe I went through all that (deleting prefs, re-scanning prefs, reinstalling LW) to try and get the Band Saw Pro tool to work - I opened the numeric panel and NOW it works!

I did not have the numeric panel open before - what a difference; thanks noiseboy!

Bill K