PDA

View Full Version : Newbie morph question

fugue
12-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Apparently before LW7, you had to have two files to have a morph. Now with LW7, you can take the file, tell it to make a morph map, and then make your changes and bingo, you have a morph.

So what do you do if you already have the same object in two files, and you want to make one of them a morph for another? Has LW7 lost this capability?

Actually, what I've got is LW7.5d, if it matters.

Thanks.

Ge4-ce
12-26-2004, 04:19 PM
No, it hasn't lost this feature..

If you have 2 identical objects, only deformed differently, and want to let one object morph into the other:

select the target object, and open the item properties. Go to the second tab, called deform, and select the morph target (the other copy of the item) and then change the amount of morph you want..

But.......... use the build in morphmaps that you can create in modeler.. it is so much easier...

fugue
12-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Not if you already have the files it isn't! Sure, I'll use that to make new morphs, but why remake the ones I have as separate files? Now that you've told me how to do it, that is. ^_^

Thanks!

K

bradl
12-27-2004, 01:38 AM
why remake the ones I have as separate files?One reason might be Morph Mixer is only available to Endomorphs. BTW, you can combine the two files into one endomorph model in Modeler.