PDA

View Full Version : The Bend tool

MiniFireDragon
04-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Ok, now I am complete and utterly <censored> at lightwave. I need to bend 6 rails uniformly, each space 2700mm apart. There ends do not, each one is above the other from left to right. And they are not all the same length. I tried to use the bend tool and instead of a nice flat arc, I get this thing that bends and droops. I tried automatic I tried fixed I placed in cordinates not one thing works. Right now I think I am so red with anger that if you turned of the lights my face will light it.

Please someone shed some light on this this... no words come to mind that make just of this tool.

Mylenium
04-13-2003, 05:05 AM
Try the Spline guide tool. It will allow you to create curves you can use for bending.

Mylenium

MiniFireDragon
04-13-2003, 08:47 AM
I am not sire what you mean. This model has to be exact for one, I had to build bridge girders with the shear connectors ontop (pegs that stick up out of the steel girder) as well as several splice patches. Even if I has a curve to guid me, where I need to place the mouse won't let me see the curve. And I also want precision.

hrgiger
04-13-2003, 09:39 AM
Use the falloff for the bend tool. Activate bend, click and drag your right mouse button (or ctrl button I think on a mac-hate those things) from the point you want the bend to begin. Since they all have to be the same, I would make one rail and then copy and paste the rest. Then use the stretch tool to lengthen or shorten each one as desired.