PDA

View Full Version : VT4 Instalation Problem

Roland2
12-25-2004, 02:08 AM
Merry VT4mas

I instal today VT4, but I get only a flickering output and a stripe of noise in bottom on composite.(Looks like SC-Phase flickering and PAL resolution not available)
The switcher starts in the effect icon with something other then fade.

I set preferences to the right DVEs folder, update core, delete all configs...

no result

X-mas greetings Roland

Jim Capillo
12-25-2004, 02:23 AM
Merry VT4mas

I instal today VT4, but I get only a flickering output and a stripe of noise in bottom on composite.(Looks like SC-Phase flickering and PAL resolution not available)
The switcher starts in the effect icon with something other then fade.

I set preferences to the right DVEs folder, update core, delete all configs...

no result

X-mas greetings Roland

1. Please list your computer components. What did you install? Software only? Hardware, too?

2. Have you tried running "oops, I messed up my configs" ?

3. Did you have VT[3] installed? If so, you may have a few renegade files floating around in there.

4. Reseat the board.

5. Uninstall/Reinstall the software.

6. Did you discharge all static electricity before you handled the board? I don't know where you are, but this time of year around here, things are pretty staticky (is that a word? :p )

Good luck, we'll try and get you up and running. I'm sure there are others here who will help, too.

Roland2
12-25-2004, 02:34 AM
I have uninstalled VT3 software (in working condition) deletet the VT3 folder and installed VT4, it looks OK on VGA but it brings me a stripe of frozen noise in the bottom.
I not moved the board, but play of the core update , something like 12f and installed and removed VT4 software two times.
I think it has to do with the way switcher stars with an NTSC DVE in PAL mode.

VT$-Xmas Roland

Jim Capillo
12-25-2004, 06:57 AM
I have uninstalled VT3 software (in working condition) deletet the VT3 folder and installed VT4, it looks OK on VGA but it brings me a stripe of frozen noise in the bottom.
I not moved the board, but play of the core update , something like 12f and installed and removed VT4 software two times.
I think it has to do with the way switcher stars with an NTSC DVE in PAL mode.

VT$-Xmas Roland

Do you have the VT[4] board ?

Roland2
12-25-2004, 07:45 AM
VT4-Xmas

Nope I have the old one, but how could I reset the board ?

Still see frozen crumble in the 50 lines botton.

Roland

Jim Capillo
12-25-2004, 07:57 AM
VT4-Xmas

Nope I have the old one, but how could I reset the board ?

Still see frozen crumble in the 50 lines botton.

Roland

Hmmmm........ since you've uninstalled/reinstalled, you might want to try forcing the core update again. I think it is in the VT root folder.

Roland2
12-25-2004, 08:09 AM
I tried but no result.
The toaster switcher starts with a wrong icon with questionmark and I can load a DVE but it dont fills me thePAL screen, it looks like NTSC-resolution.
I reset configs, core, fitted card in PCI....
Next I try is instal VT3 again.

XXX-mas

Roland

Jim Capillo
12-25-2004, 08:52 AM
I tried but no result.
The toaster switcher starts with a wrong icon with questionmark and I can load a DVE but it dont fills me thePAL screen, it looks like NTSC-resolution.
I reset configs, core, fitted card in PCI....
Next I try is instal VT3 again.

XXX-mas

Roland

With the core update, I don't know what will happen when you reinstall VT[3]. I suspect there are some [3] files that are being left behind when you install [4].

Do you know how do do a regedit ?

radams
12-26-2004, 03:00 AM
Roland,

There are some bugs related to PAL...

What sources are you using?

Have you checked that VT4 is set to PAL in the preferences...

I would delete the config and reconfig...then go and look at the preferences..
If you are coming in with DV sources...unplug them when doing the setup...then plug them in afterwards...There will be a patch soon to fix some of the Pal issues that are happening.

Where are you located?...drop me an email off forum if you'ld like...

[email protected]

Good luck,

bradl
12-26-2004, 05:26 PM
I agree with Ray about PAL and preferences. I had to pop between PAL and NTSC a bunch for a large project and it was never smooth, you could even say buggy. I also had same problem with VT4. It would get stuck in one mode or the other and give all kinds of wierd output problems.

I posted some of this before but basically I logged in as a new user and everything would be fine. So that narrowed it down to one of a couple of things, but long story short, the Preference files was getting corrupted. I even went as far as creating BAT files to switch between PAL and NTSC modes, but bottom line is, if this is your problem (which it may not be) just delete the Preference file associated with your login and restart VT. You will lose all your settings and get the default values so you might want to jot the important ones down first.

Roland2
12-27-2004, 09:02 AM
Still the same problems.
I installed all new with another vt(4) DISK: but if I start switcher it gives me
an effect icon with questionmark. If I click left mouse on it gives me an error:

"There was an error performing shell execute on C:\DVEs\PAL\0000_Expan\\0000_Fade.dve"

and the frozen lines in bottem are still there.

If I wipe to composite in it looks working but if I wipe back to Background(color)
or DDR it give me something like ntsc resolution in a PAL window on Composite out.
The VT-Vision shows all OK.
Preferences I switched to PAL , and moretimes NTSC and back again.
Core update, reset configs .....

Roland

bradl
12-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Did you delete your preference file and let it rebuild it (reset does not clear this problem, if indeed this is your problem)? VT must be shutdown to do this.

radams
12-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Hi Roland,

"I installed all new with another vt(4) DISK: but if I start switcher it gives me
an effect icon with questionmark. If I click left mouse on it gives me an error:

"There was an error performing shell execute on C:\DVEs\PAL\0000_Expan\\0000_Fade.dve" "

This is an issue that the config file can't find this DVE.

And if you double click on it will give you an error message...

So go into preferences and set the DVE directory to its location...then try adding DVE's into the switcher and use them...also note that even thou you have a ? on the dve...if you use the spacebar on your keyboard/Tbar on the switcher VT will do a fade...

AS to the garbage on the bottom of the screen...what sources are you using?
Most of the content material from NT on the disks is NTSC..rather than PAL...so you will need to scale it to fit into PAL...thou it will auto convert the frame rate.

So the background Gen is giving you NTSC rather than PAL?

Go to the VT4\Effects\Patterns folder and put into DDR's the PAL colorbars...and see how the DDR behaves...Do you get the FULL pal image? can you transition between two DDRs with one using the 75% PAL bars and the other DDR using the 100% bars....???

Where are you located?

I am in Switzerland.

Drop me an email off forum...

[email protected]

Cheers,

Roland2
01-01-2005, 05:17 AM
I changed the VT-Board and now it works without frozen lines in bottom.
The switcher starts still with a questionmark in effect icon, but it fade and looks
like it do it only with the 0000 efferct. if I change the effect and put 0000 manualy it give the thame questionmark icon and if I select 0000 from bin it give
me the right icon ????

So far has anybody an idea for repair the broken board (it dies after core update I think or I connected the YUV out to another YUV out, not shure)

Happy new Year

Roland

Germany

radams
01-01-2005, 05:35 AM
So you are having Core issues as well...

Roland,

I would go to your dealer and really go thru this whole system and redo the core etc... If it hangs or crashes when doing the core then you do have a Hardware problem...but I can't isolate it from here...

So take the whole system to your local dealer and have them help you...they can then deal with NT-Europe as to what if any parts are needed.

There is now a new Sp1 for VT4 which corrects most of the PAL issues I had mentioned earlier...

But you need to have everything installed and setup before that...

Where are you located in Deutchland?

I am in Switzerland

Cheers,

Paul Lara
01-01-2005, 06:36 AM
The switcher starts still with a questionmark in effect icon

Roland,
Happy New year.
Look at the folder the fade is in. If it is in a DVEs\0000\0000\fade folder, then move it UP one folder, and delete the empty folder. I think there may be a discrepancy between the folder and the database that recalls DVEs.

So far has anybody an idea for repair the broken board

Certainly!
Contact NewTek Europe and we'll get that board repaired for you.

Paul Lara
NewTek, Inc.
Video Evangelist

ToasterNewbi818
03-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Hello to ALL,
I have exactly the same problem. Is it really the one and only way to send the card to NewTek?? Or could it be solved with a firmware update?
Frank

Dan_NT
03-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Hello to ALL,
I have exactly the same problem. Is it really the one and only way to send the card to NewTek?? Or could it be solved with a firmware update?
Frank

You may need to send the card in but are you getting all the same problems? Does your output flicker? Does it look fine when it does show or is it off-color or distorted? Also, did this happen after you installed anything in the computer or did you move VT into a different or new computer? Was there a power outage or anything of the sort as well? Lastly, please let us know what version of VT at least.

At the very least I can recommend that you physically re-seat the card: turn off the computer and lift the card from the case, making sure it's leads lose contact with the computer for a few seconds. Seat the card back in the computer, power it up, and see if the problem persists.

In the future you may want to start a new thread if you have a problem instead of posting in an older thread.

ToasterNewbi818
03-02-2009, 10:57 PM
hi supportron,
you are right. I did not realize that this thread was so old. Sorry
I figured already out that this is a problem of PAL and NTSC switching. On NTSC mode (with the test pattern) it works great.
I contacted NewTek Europe trying to get the VT4 4.6 update and hopefully this will solve my problem.
Thanks für your answer

Frank