PDA

View Full Version : Copy Morphs From Other Objects

dandaguy
12-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Hey everyone, here's a big one I'm tossing out...

I want to build all my facial morphs in Zbrush and bring them in to lightwave as morph targets on the base model. Obviously I can get this to work with morph target blendinging between an object sequence, but I want to be able to paste all the target objects into morph maps attached to my base model so I can make use of the morph mixer for lip sync, etc.

I think this would be a great function for other uses as well... like being able to model apply the same facial morphs to an object that has a modified body, etc.

The points and polys, etc. all match my base model because they are essentially all the same model. Also, I'm using zbrush because with the clay-type modeling tools I can make very detailed targets in about two minutes. Very handy for organic faces.

So, if any guru out there has any idea of how to do this on this X-mas night it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ryan

dablan
12-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Hey Ryan,
Merry Christmas. I think there is a way you can do this. I'd have to check out a few things, but if you try bringing seperate models of each morph back into Modeler, then copying the background to a new morph on your 'final' model, it might work.

It's really late and I've probably had too much egg nog, so.... :)

I'll need to test this out when I'm thinking straight..
hehe

fugue
12-26-2004, 01:47 PM
I'd have to check out a few things, but if you try bringing seperate models of each morph back into Modeler, then copying the background to a new morph on your 'final' model, it might work.

How does one do this? Copy the background layer as a morph, I mean? I desperately want to do this for a project I'm working on, but I can't find a description of how to do it in LW7 and up. The instructions for LW6 don't work (no such plug-in).

Dodgy
12-30-2004, 06:34 AM
Copy the morphed version into a background layer of the object you want to create the morph on, then use Vmaps>Morph>Background to morph to create a morph with the morph target.