PDA

View Full Version : No audio scrubbing

GrayingMatter
12-23-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm using VT [4] and the new audio drivers, but I lost my ability to scrub my audio from the Timeline. The video scrubs, but I get no audio playback. If I hit the SpaceBar, audio plays. I need the scrub function to edit the audio track.

Any suggestions for retrieiving it.

Dick http://vbulletin.newtek.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=35#
Confused

Scott Bates
12-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Since you're using the new drivers my only thought would be to run "Reset Configs" or "Opps, I messed my configs" (whatever it's currently called) in VT[4] Utilities and see if that fixes it.

Jim Capillo
12-23-2004, 08:51 PM
There is something in the preferences that enables/disables that, but I'm not on the machine right now, and I forgot what it is. :o

If no one comes up with it by tomorrow morning, I'll post it after I get in the office.

Paul Lara
12-23-2004, 09:32 PM
I'm using VT [4] and the new audio drivers, but I lost my ability to scrub my audio from the Timeline. Any suggestions for retrieiving it.

Yeah, Jim was on target.
Change your Preference for General Editing | Motion Removal when jogging.

GrayingMatter
12-24-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks. It worked. Of course, I never have touched that setting so I don't know how it was changed.

And why motion removal why jogging has anything to do with audio scrubbing is still a mystery to me.

But thanks. My life became easier once again.

Scrub-a-dub,http://vbulletin.newtek.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=237337#
Stick Out Tongue

Dick

Scott Bates
01-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Just discovered that enabling "Motion Removal When Jogging" in VT[4]SP1 does not work for me when scrubbing the timeline. It did work for me pre-SP1 and does now when playing the timeline, using the VT-Edit Shuttle knob, the keyboard shortcuts and my ShuttlePro, but not when scrubbing using the timeline cursor.
:(

bradl
01-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Interesting link there Dick.

Scott, what doesn't work the Motion Removal or the mysterious muting of audio when Motion Removal is on?

Scott Bates
01-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Opps :rolleyes: It's the audio scrubbing that doesn't work.