PDA

View Full Version : Adding Newtek free textures

Parallax
12-22-2004, 05:07 PM
How do I add the 6 Newtek free texture collections to LW8....and into which LW file? :confused:

riki
12-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Texture Presets go in the Lightwave>Program>Presets>Surface Presets Folder.

Parallax
12-22-2004, 06:11 PM
There is no download button or command...do I have to copy each individual texture, one-by-one, into the folder?

riki
12-22-2004, 06:36 PM
It sounds like you're referring to their collection JPG photo. In which case you have to download them all one at a time. Unless you have an APP like PixxxGrabber that milks them for you. I think IE might also have an inbuilt function but I think this grabs everything so many directories deep.

Also you don't preload jpg collections into lightwave, just store them in a folder somewhere on your hard drive and load them individually when needed.

Silkrooster
12-22-2004, 08:58 PM
The free textures are also on Newteks FTP site. So you could just do a copy paste of the textures from thier site to your hard drive. You can place them anyplace you like, you could create a new folder in the images folder and call it something like NT free Tex. Then you know what is in that folder. If you plan on using the textures very much, then I recommend that they are placed in the content directory to find them better.
Silk