PDA

View Full Version : Quick Clock Tower Project

ravantra
12-22-2004, 02:26 PM
This is a quick project I just completed for a client. On to the next one!
thanks

Hoopti
12-22-2004, 10:05 PM
I like. I usually don't like real clean models, since the world naturally has dirt in it, but in this setting it looks great.

Hoop

adrian
12-23-2004, 12:52 AM
That kind of reminds me of a place in New Zealand that I visited recently - that had a clock similar to the one you've modelled. Can't remember the name of the place but it's where they make Jade products (in the South Island).....

What was this piece for if you don't mind my asking?

Adrian.

ravantra
12-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Hoopti: Thanks. I dont like clean models either but I can't show a weathered "dirty" model to a client. They need to feel they are getting a "pristine product". I know this is a fantasy but it part of selling the job.

Adrian: This is for a project in Antioch, Illinois about an hour and a half northwest of Chicago. We are still in the process of determining materials and this is the first of our proposals. When all of these are determined I would like to do a finished rendering showing the site and added weathering (dirt).

I would love to visit New Zealand, it is on my list of places to visit.

~DD~Apocalypse
12-25-2004, 08:49 AM
wow dude, that's spactacular!

ravantra
04-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Quick Update
My rendering is published as part of a story.

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/lakestory.asp?id=41295

It's in black and white but I am happy with it.

14 and famous
04-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Very good :p

Whit
04-27-2005, 08:44 AM
It's nice. I'd be interested in seeing a render with a lower camera angle to see if that made the tower look taller.

--Whit

nthused
04-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Ravantra.

Nice work. Love those kind of jobs - quick in and out and move on to another.

One comment: It is difficult to tell the scale on or the size of the tower - looks as though it would fit on a mantle as well as a town square. A couple of people in the scene would have helped immensely

ravantra
04-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks all for the nice comments.

nthused: Yeah quick jobs are nice = quick paycheck....This was done in 1 day. I agree the "object is difficult to scale....I would have wanted at least a few people but time was short. If I get the chance I will add then for my portfolio later.

whit: I agree a lower camera angle would add drama. Unfortunatley the architect selected the angle.

starbase1
04-28-2005, 02:15 AM
I've not seen a clock with leading zeroes on the face numerals before...
Nick

Lukesutherland
04-28-2005, 03:00 AM
good modelling + texturing ravantra - very competently done.

my only crit really is, it's a **** ugly clocktower!
I'd be pretty pissed if they built that in my town -

Lukesutherland
04-28-2005, 03:01 AM
I know you didnt design it please dont take offense!

ravantra
04-28-2005, 07:25 AM
Lukesutherland: No offense taken. I did not design this. The idea of an "old fashion" style clock tower does not appeal to me, I would have done something more abstract and sculpural.

starbase1: This I did design for a clock face in my home and used it here....just to be "different". Good eye. The clock "designer" has his traditional clock face but was unable to get it to me.