PDA

View Full Version : Renderfarm Controller?

dhatch01
12-22-2004, 11:53 AM
What is considered to be the best Renderfarm Controller out there? I have about a dozen G3s and G4s networked and ready to go, and I can manually contol them through LW, but I'd prefer something more user friendly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
David

Hoopti
12-22-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure if they make a mac version, but I love Butterfly Net Renderer. Its very easy to setup (2 mins for 8 computers) and the support is the best I've seen.

Hoop

Thomas
12-23-2004, 03:38 AM
Bruce Rayne's RenderFarm Commander. Easy to setup and if you buy it (do it!) you even get automatic node setup. Can't beat that!

Merry Christmas!

Thomas

Johnny
12-23-2004, 05:53 AM
Bruce Rayne's RenderFarm Commander. Easy to setup and if you buy it (do it!) you even get automatic node setup. Can't beat that!

Merry Christmas!

Thomas

I second that. Renderfarm commander truly makes short work of setting up multi-note screamer rendering. That'd be my pick.

J

dhatch01
12-23-2004, 08:20 AM
Thanks, friends.

I tried to get my bosses to by Renderfarm Commander several times last year (only $100!!), but it got denied every time. I wasn't sure if it was still the best option.

This is the frickin' government. They just spent 25K on a TRIPOD! And yet, my $100 request gets denied.

Animators are the red-headed stepchild of multimedia. *sigh*

NigelH
12-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Bet it's one heck of a tripod, though! :p

Johnny
12-23-2004, 04:33 PM
well, if that's their thinking, it might be wise to try the approach that with a tool like RFC, you'll have more time to move on to actual work rather than diddling around trying to get ScreamerNet to work.

but like some places, they just think "he's on the payroll anyway..who cares if he has to spin wheels?"

good luck.

J

brandonpeterson
01-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks, friends.

I tried to get my bosses to by Renderfarm Commander several times last year (only $100!!), but it got denied every time. I wasn't sure if it was still the best option.

This is the frickin' government. They just spent 25K on a TRIPOD! And yet, my $100 request gets denied.

Animators are the red-headed stepchild of multimedia. *sigh*

Buy it yourself and don't tell them. With all the time you save you can take long
lunches down at the local pub. Better yet just submit a request for a tripod.