PDA

View Full Version : something simple which would be useful in 8.2

JML
12-22-2004, 08:02 AM
there is "shading noise reduction" which works fine most of the time.

but

sometimes , when we render big images for print, it could be better by bluring the image a little more..
and sometimes, when we render small resolution, the blur is too strong and
"eat" some small detail on the objects...

to fix this :
instead of having just a checkbox for shading noise reduction, how about to be able to change it ? from 0 to 100% for example.
this way you can change how strong it is depending on the kind of resolution you render.

anybody else thinks this would be a good idea ?

Exper
12-22-2004, 08:15 AM
You can use "Full Precision Blur" Image Filter.

It can blur the image and or Alpha; you can use the Alpha as a mask or even the Special Buffer to blur one or more scene's objects.

Mylenium
12-22-2004, 10:56 AM
I don't think that NT should waste too much effort on improving such toyish "features". What you are trying to do can just as easily be achieved in Photoshop. What really would be needed is a decent and flexible way to work with buffers - be it depth, shading, alpha etc. - but by saying that, we already again are at the point of repeating this neverending request for better buffer savers and render layers.

Mylenium

JML
12-22-2004, 11:01 PM
the useful thing about noise reduction is that it only blur the diffuse buffer.

if you blur with photoshop, or with full precision blur I believe, you will blur the diffuse and everything else along with the textures. not good...

improving the buffer export would be best of course.. but
I was just thinking of quick little thing to change in this little plugin to be able
to vary the intensity of the blur..

Castius
12-23-2004, 12:36 AM
It also blurs each aa pass.