PDA

View Full Version : VT[3] Restarting

quantumvista
12-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Yep, I'm having the infamous VT restart problem with version 3.

It isn't the CGPlayer because other machines work just fine.

Is there any history of systems with the SX-8 daughter card installed, but only the pigtail connected displaying this behavior?

That's really the only difference between the machines that work, and the ones that don't.

Any comments?

quantumvista
12-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Okay, I disabled winXP's oh so helpful Autorestart function to try and trap some errors.

I caught one!

Right after VT[3] starts, up pops the following Beethoven Debugger dialog:

"Bad Object ID" =ff905800
Launch Debugger?

A dutiful click on "OK" results in the presentation of the lovely Microsoft error notification screen . But what exactly encountered a problem? None other than the always popular Real Time Media Engine!! YAY! RTME problems again!

After denying Microsoft it's thinly veiled attempt at low cost R&D, The VTVisions, both of 'em, started blinking that never missed, often enjoyed, joyously flashing "No video signal present, (potential driver lockup) advisory! Oh the joy of the season never ceases!

Ctrl+v+t - I'm goin for eggnog....

quantumvista
12-21-2004, 05:51 PM
And now the stop errors begin.....

Errrrrrrgh! :mad:

bradl
12-22-2004, 01:26 AM
You might want to contact tech support as errors like this have been associated with a potential bad vt board.

bbeanan
12-22-2004, 08:46 AM
I had (and still have) a simular problem... I nailed it down to my DVD duplicator which is connected via Firewire. When connected my system randomly restarts (like it will be fine for 8 hours no problem then it restarts) but it only happens when the DVD Duplicator is connected and I'm running VT3 at the same time. If I only have the Duplicator hooked up and running all is fine... or just VT3 running with the DVD duplicator not hooked up it runs fine.

Who knows???