PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Gradient to object fails

ingo
12-21-2004, 03:22 AM
Hi folks, for my last project i used some gradients based on y-height of some nulls i placed in the project. All looks fine until i did my last preview rendering, it looks like something was wrong with those gradients. When i opened the surface editor LW replaced my gradient nulls with the first objects in the scene, so the gradients where computed from the y-distance of these objects. How does this happen and how can i avoid this ????

Mylenium
12-21-2004, 03:54 AM
Did you explicitly name your reference nulls? If the name is not unique, only "Null" (or whatever) will be stored and if you have multiple instances of them, LW will use them in the sequence they are automatically numbered by LW. Also texture referencing inside hierarchies causes similar strangeness sometimes.

Mylenium

ingo
12-21-2004, 06:50 AM
My nulls have a different name. I thought this only happens with shaders like ShadowDesigner, it drives me mad that you always have to controll them before you render. And i gave up using hierarchies, they often are completly rearranged by LW when i open the file again.