PDA

View Full Version : Better fur and hair tools

SEMIRO
12-20-2004, 06:18 AM
it would be alot better to have good hair and fur tools rather than sasquatch or saslite. i have always had problems with saslite and sasquatch such as hair dont show up in reflections, you have think up some clever tricks and waste time to get reflection of hair....it would be much easier to have really well made hair tools like what they got in maya etc and not have to buy sasquatch...

UnCommonGrafx
12-26-2004, 09:44 AM
I would like for them to buy the rights to Shave & a Haircut as the exclusive developers. That way, they've got it all in-house without need to license a gimped, half-solution. Alter advertised for a developer; don't think anyone took him up on it. At that time, they (NewTek) didn't have things organized. I hope since that time, someone has gone back to look over the situation.

Chuckle, Christmas wishes...

Oh, and just to add: I have a volumetric renderer from when Alter was doing LightWave that would show up in reflections and everything. I mean, it was volumetrics... you think about where we could be by now....

pixelinfected
12-27-2004, 02:27 PM
sas is better then shave and hair, i know that softimage team tell me that they rewrote code to implement it on XSI. and optimization is better in sas, if you need more complex fur and hair you can buy sas, that have all power that you need, i buoght sas and i know what i tell.

pooby
12-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Sasquatch 2 will happen at some point.
Worley won't be pressed on what it will do, but I was told it IS something that is in some stage of development even if that just be planning.

GruvSyco
12-30-2004, 04:17 PM
it's kinda lame that the built-in hair solution doesn't cast shadows... it should at least do that. Most of the other limitations of Sas-lite aren't too bad but that one sucks bad.

UnCommonGrafx
12-30-2004, 04:34 PM
And that, with all it's other limitations, it doesn't work over screamernet. (In the past, I would have had !x100 at the end of that sentence but this is SUCH a dead horse to kick.)