PDA

View Full Version : Spiral Stairs

otacon
12-19-2004, 07:11 PM
This is a modern interior i did over the weekend for fun. A paradise getaway spot i wish i had. :p F9, interpolated radiosity, 1 hr 20 min render. Comments appreciated!

Tiger
12-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Aaahh...some sunshine! Don`t have much of that here. :D

Xlnt, Otacon!
Gives me great inspiration!

Ivan
12-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Nice work. I think some of the treads may be a bit far apart and small imaginary children could fall through if walking up on the outside edge but otherwise it looks pretty good.

Ivan

marble_sheep
12-21-2004, 11:24 AM
As always... excellent work. It has a nice, "open" feel to it. Good job on the can lights on particular. Is there actually a light in there, or is it just a luminous surface? One minor gripe... the window looks like a giant plasma screen or something... the background image looks to "flat," if that makes sense. But who knows... maybe it's one of those futuristic apartments where you can change your view if you get tired of looking at the cityscape :D

sidetrak
12-21-2004, 09:47 PM
heh..looks like a photo otacon ^^ please do explain your lighting, i guess it is real lights though, cos of the cuastics and the such...

otacon
12-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Thanks people! I agree the outside looks very flat, i need to try and fix that. This is a screen of the light setup, two area lights, about 6 points with inverse distance plus lens flares on the ones in the ceiling. Interpolated radiosity settings:
120% intensity
rpe 6x18
indirect bounces 1
tolerance .285
mes 1.2"

Render time, 1 hour 20 min on an athlon 2.01Ghz, 1gig ram.

adrian
12-23-2004, 01:03 AM
<sigh> why is everyone else's work so much better than mine?! </sigh>

Seriously nice work there. Thanks for sharing your settings.

Adrian.

antwik-2
12-23-2004, 08:29 AM
You are killing me with your interiors!
They look great.

I saw something like that on cgtalk, with a stair like that.
Anyway, Its looks like you got some shadow artifacts in the corners, you see them? I dont know why.
But overall its a very nice lighting.