PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Tutorial

Rebel
12-17-2004, 11:16 PM
I have no idea how to make an eagle in modeler. I've Try anything and nothing looks good. Any suggestions are well received :confused:

Silkrooster
12-17-2004, 11:42 PM
I don't recall really seeing any tutorials on birds. I think your first step is to do a search for some picture of eagles, so you have some reference to work with. Hopefully someone else can refer you to a tutorial.
Silk

SplineGod
12-18-2004, 01:15 AM
You definately need some reference. Its hard to model something unless you know it very well or have some good reference. Do an image search on google under eagle.

Phrog
12-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Eagle in a Barrel plugin! Makes the eagle and the barrel. I'm not sure if this plugin still comes with 8.0 but it came with previous versions of LightWave. This may not be the kind of quality you are looking for but it may help get you started.

colkai
12-22-2004, 01:55 PM
If you have a Bird Of Prey sanctuary around where you live, go check it out.
Nothing like seeing the real deal to get a clear understanding of it, if you're lucky, you may be able to get close enough to get some nice references yourself. No harm in asking the staff, they may be prepared to bring the bird out if your nice and maybe offer a donation.

Of course, some of us have an advantage in that area. :p

As Larry says though, for images, Google is your friend, also look for raptor, "bird of prey", falcon etc..
The only problem is finding some good side/top/front shots, which you can get better if you can see the bird close-up, (given some patience ;) ).

Google Images... "Results 1 - 20 of about 635,000 for eagle" :D
(..or click on the wildlife centre link in my sig and go to gallery page 1 for pics of our Steppe Eagle - 7lb+ of attitude ;))

BeeVee
12-23-2004, 02:06 AM
Try this for some amazing footage: http://media.animal.discovery.com/convergence/spyonthewild/birdtech/birdtech.html

B
PS. I knew there must have been a reason why I found it yesterday... :)

colkai
12-23-2004, 05:44 AM
Yeah - that's so cool.
Of course, you'd not get me trying to pursade bracken to wear that thing. :eek:
He tolerates me changing his bath, but he's not known for his mild temperament. :p

Mind you - my goal for next year is to see if I can handle him a little.. which means I'll probably be missing part of my arm this time next year. ;)

BeeVee
12-23-2004, 06:43 AM
Best you get one of those new meece that has a dozen buttons so that you can transfer some keyboard shortcuts over to it for when you only have one arm... :)

B

colkai
12-23-2004, 07:21 AM
:D at least i'd get out of doing the washing up. ;)