PDA

View Full Version : Interface screwed up, please help

Netzapper
04-11-2003, 07:48 PM
I just installed Lightwave 7.0 on a new XP Pro box. It seems to work fine except for one amazingly annoying problem: all of the text in all numerical entry boxes throughout both Mod and Layout is yellow on white. It's only the entry boxes, as there're *no* other display problems with the software.

The guys on USENET suggested that it might be a multi-lingual setup issue, however, after playing with those settings ad nauseum, that doesn't seem to be the problem. However, because it's already been suggested to me, I'll give ya'll the details: MUI with English, German, and French installed; XP basic functionality for both German/French/English keyboard setups and non-Unicode support. (And yes, I do need this computer to function in all of those languages.) However, this is an English version of Lightwave.

I've checked all of Windows' "theme" settings for something that might cause this. I've played with all of them, and nothing has any effect.

I've also looked for any interface configuration files associated with Lightwave that include fonts, and can't find any. Likewise, I've looked for interface options in Lightwave's menus, but don't see anything that relates (although I could easily be overlooking it).

Oh, and if it matters, I'm using a Matrox Parhelia 128 video card.

Please help, as the only way I can read the numbers currently is to highlight them--which, as you can imagine, is definitely hurting my productivity... and my eyes.

Extent
04-12-2003, 07:45 PM
While I never have experienced this myself, there was alot of discussion on this on the forum before. If I remember correctly the only way to fix it was to completly remove the other language packs.

Elmar Moelzer
04-13-2003, 12:50 AM
Hmmmm, I fI remember correctly this problem was supposed to be fixed with the LW7.5- upgrade. Aynway, there was a fix on the d- storm- page too. Try looking for that. Good luck!
CU
Elmar