PDA

View Full Version : Melt ice

goatshrink
12-17-2004, 09:18 AM
I 'm in kind of a bind. I have a block of ice modeled around a tool and I need the ice to melt away into water. Right now the Ice looks great I just need it to melt it I was experimenting with soft bodys but I can't seem to make it work. ANybody have any suggestions or could point me to a good tutorial? Ive read the post on Hypervoxels and I may try that but to tell you the truth I'm a bit inxeperienced with them.
Any Opinions?

Hoopti
12-17-2004, 06:53 PM
There's a plugin out called something like PG_Melt. Head over to www.flay.com and do a plugin search for Melt. They'll have a link for you.

Hoop

Silkrooster
12-17-2004, 11:46 PM
Something else you may want to read up on is morphing, you already have the cube built, now you just need to build a cube almost completely melted and morph them. I would tell you more, but I need to read up on it more myself. :rolleyes:
Silk

prospector
12-18-2004, 02:07 AM
Yep..that PG_Melt is what your looking for
There was one called ooze but I haven't seen it around for awhile.
The poor lightwave cow sure made a big puddle :)

goatshrink
12-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks Guys!
I did already resort back to the morph technique and got it to look like it was melting but my final frame did not look wet and watery. Its kinda funny I did a search on flay but I did it in the techniques section and it came up with nothing
Thanks again for your help!!!