PDA

View Full Version : "No Video Signal"..."Potential Driver Lockup"

fingers
12-16-2004, 07:30 PM
HELP!
My new pc w/Vt4 has had this problem from day one...
PROBLEM: After connecting (any) video source (ie camera, dvd, etc) to my SX-84
and using them in "live direct" mode, that source will "freeze" in about 20 to 30
minutes and flash..."No Video Signal Present. (Potential driver lockup).
The ""event viewer" shows no major problems either!
What's wrong????? :confused:

Paul Lara
12-17-2004, 07:00 AM
It could be a bad card. Contact NewTek technical support ([email protected])

jkdawg
01-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I am having this problem also, except the source froze right away. In addition, the video output is a wreck - anything that has motion stutters badly, even DVEs. The auto-calibration seems to stall when on Composite B&C for Channel A - it was left for 5-6 hours one time. Could this be a bad card as well?

Blaine Holm
01-03-2005, 06:42 PM
I am having this problem also, except the source froze right away. In addition, the video output is a wreck - anything that has motion stutters badly, even DVEs. The auto-calibration seems to stall when on Composite B&C for Channel A - it was left for 5-6 hours one time. Could this be a bad card as well?

A stalling AUTOCONFIGURE I have seen be a bad card. Make sure your 4 pin power cable is secure.

jkdawg
01-03-2005, 06:52 PM
it only stalls when the SX-84 is connected, because thats the only time the autocal runs.

Blaine Holm
01-03-2005, 06:54 PM
it only stalls when the SX-84 is connected, because thats the only time the autocal runs.

without the SX-8, do you have problems with just one stream coming in?

jkdawg
01-03-2005, 07:01 PM
its not incoming streams that I'm worried about, though I have not tested. ANYTHING involving motion video is stuttering badly on the output. DVEs, DDR clips, crossfade. I haven't tried the output without the sx-84 though. I ran out of time today.

pfrench
01-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Could you check your IDE controllers to see if they are in PIO (instead of DMA) mode?

jkdawg
01-04-2005, 07:42 PM
I am moving the card to a different computer and will try things there. Tech support gave me a good list of things to check out.

c111smith
01-05-2005, 10:17 AM
A while back I was having this problem. Got an RMA from tech support & sent the card in to newtek. They couldn't duplicate the problem so sent me a new card... they said. Actually, they repackaged the same card & sent it to me as a "Replacement" . It was packaged as new, but had the same serial number as well as my security mark on it. I didn't catch this until it was in the machine & I still experienced the problem. Not having the time right then to take it out & send it back to NewTek, I tried a workaround I read about in this forum. That is, when the error message pops up, I exit VT, run "Kill rtme" utility & restart VT. Works everytime. In fact, if I just kill rtme between edit sessions, I don't get the lock-ups.
So, I'm keeping the card for now & editing away. Hope this helps. ;)

JReble
01-07-2005, 12:25 PM
I just installed VT4 and SP1 on a card originally purchased late in VT2's life and upgraded to VT3. Never gave me any trouble. Now, ocassionally my vt vision screen drops out and I get a flashing "No video signal detected. Possible driver lockup."
I've also got Bob's LWConnect installed and it appears to do this sometimes when I'm previewing the sample effect videos in there, in addition to the other few instances. It's all running on a Dual 3Ghz Xeon workhorse which is completely to spec. If I exit, kill Winrtme, then restart it's been ok so far. I'm thinking this is not a hardware issue here.

Original1
01-11-2005, 01:28 PM
One of the things that causes this on my system in Winamp

JReble
01-20-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm still getting this error on a fairly regular basis on my dual 3GHz xeon system running sp1. Someone on another thread recommended switching my tvision over to preview and back. This seems to work sometimes and not other times. Interestingly, if I've got Tedit punched up in both, when I get the error I can switch to preview and see it fine. Only program flakes out like this and it's getting very annoying. Several people are experiencing this problem from the reports on the forums. What is the word on this? Is there a software problem in SP1 that has been identified? The card has been fine prior to the VT4 software upgrade.

Jim_C
01-20-2005, 03:31 PM
I was getting this message constantly on one machine. Straight from start up.

As a suggestion from another user I
shut down VT
Killed winrtme
brought up the run line and typed CMD
then in the dos box typed NEWTEKRTME

The VT booted up just fine and I have not seen the error again.

I have been told by a couple other folks that this really should not have fixed it, but it did. It was the ONLY thing I did between not working and working.

good luck

Jim

doc debolt
01-25-2005, 11:28 AM
I've experienced similiar issues as well with that message.....

seems to be after i've done some pretty hefty stuff and pegged the processor for a bit of time.....sometimes it comes back switching between desktops....sometimes not....very inconsistent behavior once the problem manifests.

i've been doing the same type of resolution, quit, kick winrtme and restart toaster.....seems to hold it for awhile.....

doc

cholo
01-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I have this problem as well on 2 VT4 seats. It looks like a winrtme memory leak or something similar because VT4 remains stable, only video locks up. I save, quit VT4, manually kill winrtme and restart VT4, works every time :)

JReble
01-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Seems we're all having the exact same experiences. I would agree there seems to be some problem with the WinRTME in VT4 SP1. I went straight to SP1 so I can't speak to the first release. Has anyone received any word on this problem from Newtek other than "it might be a bad card"? My system was rock solid prior to installing the VT4 software on my existing card. Now I keep getting that error and loosing program video. The VT software suite never seems to lock up as a result of this error, but I do have to exit, kill winRTME and restart everytime. It's getting verry annoying and I'd like some word on this from Newtek. Unless there's some real reason to believe this is not a software problem, I have no desire to enter into a scenario where I take my system down to send in the card only to be told there's nothing wrong with it. I've got direct x 9.0c installed and all the latest drivers.

Paul Lara
01-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Unless there's some real reason to believe this is not a software problem, I have no desire to enter into a scenario where I take my system down to send in the card only to be told there's nothing wrong with it. I've got direct x 9.0c installed and all the latest drivers.

Driver issues cannot be ruled out at this point; we're looking into this, guys.

JReble
01-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Thanks Paul!

c111smith
01-28-2005, 05:33 AM
Thanks, Paul. For the record, it's not just VT4/SP1. I have VT3 & have the vid lock-up problem, also. Hope the NT crew remembers their faithful VT 2&3 users as they work towards a solution :)

logcabinstudios
03-15-2005, 11:49 AM
We have VT4 card with SP1. We were using DVD Workshop2 full V 2.231, authoring a dvd when the audio output went dead. The toaster software was not running. We went to the desktop and started the toaster, when it came up the vt-vision screen had "no video signal"..." potential driver lockup" flashing on it. We exited the toaster program, did a warm boot, went back into the toaster program and it was ok. We closed the toaster and went back into workshop and got back to work, the audio was now ok. The toaster program dosn't have to be running for the toaster card to crash. The toaster card driver has problems with XP maybe?
Thank you.

BBS-TV 21
03-16-2005, 09:55 AM
I have 4 vt3's that have run incredibly well. The main system, a dual xeon, has managed our tv studio for three years and is as reliable as they come. Our newest machine(purchased in September 2004) has yet to be turned off as we use this to deliver our cable channel video and graphics.

We also have had the driver lock up and use the rtme to shut off toaster, restart, and then go again. I have noticed that we get the lock up after some intense editing with ted.

logcabinstudios
03-18-2005, 09:20 AM
No, you missed my point. The toaster software was not being used when we lost the audio. We were using workshop2 creating a menu and playing our show in the viewer. We then went into the toaster software and found the "no video signal"... flashing in the VT-vision. We exited all software, did a warm boot, and went into the toaster software again. The audio was now ok. We exited toaster and went into workshop2 and went back to work. My point is the VT4 drivers crash without the toaster software running. It appears to be an issue between VT drivers and XP and not the toaster program. The VT board is not stable being used just as a sound card, let alone a video editor.
thank you.

stevestrike
03-28-2005, 10:49 AM
I have this problem as well on 2 VT4 seats. It looks like a winrtme memory leak or something similar because VT4 remains stable, only video locks up. I save, quit VT4, manually kill winrtme and restart VT4, works every time :)

I just wanted to add my voice that we too have been having this exact problem. Oddly, the VT4 exits gracefully. But you must either kill winrtme or reboot in order to get going again.

Rmarq
03-29-2005, 11:40 AM
I was getting this message constantly (multiple times a day) always with VT vision open on the desktop. I quit using VT vision and use external monitors for my program and preview...haven't had the error message in months. I don't know if this helps anyone out but thats my story.

bryanjollie
03-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Just got my new toaster..as this is my first experience with the VT so far I am impressed with its capabilities, but its lack of stability worries me. I got this system built from a very reputable newtek dealer but I have had nothing but the dreaded "No video present" error. The reason we bought this was because we wanted a broadcast quality switcher to record our national programs. We stream services all week and so far I get lockups every 10 to 15 min. This is not acceptable as far as I'm concerned...Is there a fix or should I return this thing and get another switcher?

Thanks

Supermicro x6dh8
Dual xeon 3.2
2 gigs ram
540 gig ultra320

JReble
03-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Are you folks losing program video output from the cables or just getting the error and loosing your VTvision? I've been having this problem ever since installing VT4 on an existing VT3 system and it's continuing with the latest driver updates.

bryanjollie
03-30-2005, 03:38 PM
actually the video on the outputs of the sx-84 all go to a frozen still image of whatever was being shown...Then it sits there then the error message comes up...I can't afford to keep having drop-outs on my programs...I figure I lose about 45sec to a minute every time it occurs...

Jim Capillo
03-30-2005, 04:34 PM
actually the video on the outputs of the sx-84 all go to a frozen still image of whatever was being shown...Then it sits there then the error message comes up...I can't afford to keep having drop-outs on my programs...I figure I lose about 45sec to a minute every time it occurs...

I would get the dealer on the horn immediately and describe what's happening to him......

Rmarq
03-30-2005, 05:07 PM
I can consistantly get this error message by:
*Adding a CG still page into the timeline
*Deleting the CG page (This causes my VT4 to crash)
*Within 15 minutes of re-opening the program, with VT-vision open, I recieve this "Video driver lockup" message.

At first I only lose VTvision, a few minutes later the video outputs fail and VT4 locks up. I usually recieve some message telling me that winrtme.exe has failed.

JReble
03-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Since his VT system is new from the dealer I'd recommend the same, if nothing else but to get the dealer after Newtek about this problem. The rest of us who upgraded from VT3 are not able to do the same. I'm pretty confident there's a software problem here or new driver incompatibility and there's little the dealers can do for us in this instance. If any dealers can establish a cause for this in discussions/testing between them and Newtek, we all need to find out about it pronto. I'm really hoping there's a new service pack or something they're just waiting for NAB to release (which, while helpful, would still be uncool). We need this fixed yesterday.

stevestrike
03-30-2005, 08:47 PM
The reason we bought this was because we wanted a broadcast quality switcher to record our national programs. We stream services all week and so far I get lockups every 10 to 15 min. This is not acceptable as far as I'm concerned...Is there a fix or should I return this thing and get another switcher?

I recently got mine too, and if I were in your situation, I would return it. I held on thinking that the LAST service pack would fix the problem--it didn't. And now I'm stuck with a $12,000 "swticher" that crashes and locks up frequently. The computer runs great, Newtek's software does not.

Newtek's silence on the issue speaks volumes.

For mission-critical use, this is not the product to rely on.

Signed,
An unhappy Newtek customer

bryanjollie
03-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Thanks for all the replies....
I have contacted my dealer and he is doing what he can...of course i haven't heard from him in a day or two but i'm sure he's very busy. Since I don't use this as an editor-(I have two adobe premeire pro suites with matrox rtx 100) I don't know about that side of the lockup. I striclty am using this as a switcher to stream broadcast live programs and to capture the footage to take to the edit suites.

Paul sent me the new driver pack so I'm gonna install and try an all day stream with three video sources and see if I can repeat the error...I'll let you guys know what happens...

bryanjollie
03-31-2005, 12:46 PM
ok...here it goes...turn off hyperthreading....install the new drivers
then it streamed and while streaming i was capturing the footage uncompressed...
ran some cg just for fun worked great...went to lunch....
then...when i got back it had stopped..had locked up video on program out monitor...and a small message that said something about "beethoven api" then another came up that said Error:"Memory pool sanity check"=010f8000. Launch debugger? then after clicking no got the dreaded no video message

what the heck is that...
so now i am running the same test again with hyperthreading on as per paul..he said that it should be enabled...

status later....

bryanjollie
04-03-2005, 06:57 PM
well worked well for a while but still getting the lockup every now and then...
what are the beethoven api and memery sanity check errors?
Dealer is sending me new sticks of ram but that was about all the info i've gotten so far.

bryanjollie
04-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Just for everyone to know...
I want to make this perfectly clear....
In no way am I upset with my dealer. he has done nothing but help me with my situation even to the point of replacing the system...so please don't take any thing in a negative way!

eracer
04-06-2005, 10:03 AM
I was doing a training class on a new VT(4) SP1 system and got the same error message:

Beethovan API Usage Error
Err: "Memory Pool Sanity Check: 05ffb0c0
Launch Debugger?

I never saw this error in any of the VT(3) systems.

I did not see the dreaded "Potential Driver Lockup" error after I got the "Beethovan" error.

For the record, the system seemed extremely stable (even using the CG live) except doing "drag & drop" to the VT-Edit timeline (which crashed the program several times during the class).

I e-mailed Tech Support about this. I'll post a reply when I get one from them.

eracer
04-07-2005, 01:04 PM
In reference to the "Beethovan API - Sanity Check" error. Tech Support believes that it indicates a corrupted installation, and recommends a complete reinstall of XP and VT(4) software.

tmon
04-08-2005, 04:09 PM
As a member of the "SP1 BetaTest team," with my single P4 3.2, I can testify to frequent "No Video Signal" error messages at home. I haven't narrowed it down completely, but it's usually when I go try and do something in CG, After Effects or Mirage, that the error message doesn't take long to kick in.

I do believe it is a driver issue, but what do I know. I just hope it's fixed soon!

ted
04-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Taiji, you must now be "TERMINATED"!!! :eek:

pfrench
04-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I believe this has been fixed. TricCster's been taking much of our time (obviously) but the gains made in the TriCaster will translate to gains for the VT[4].

radams
04-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks Pat for commenting.

I look forward to working with the fixes and updates as they happen.

For those with Beethoven API errors...(VT4 software)

1) is it with VT4 hardware or VT3 hardware?

2) Running in NTSC or PAL?

3) What other apps do you have on the system?

4) What Win OS and SP are you running?

5) Do you have any other hardware added in the system?

6) Can you tell me what is the date of the Beethoven.dll on your system

Thanks,

Cheers,

tmon
04-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Taiji, you must now be "TERMINATED"!!!

I'm not having the "Beethoven" issue, but what if a .wav file of Ludwig's 5th Symphony were to play everytime I get the "No Video Signal Present" warning?

:D

Uhh, "go Tricaster go."

I think?

Jim Capillo
04-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Can you say, "NDA" ??????

bradl
04-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Can you say, "NDA" ??????I don't think commenting on a Service Pack after it is released violates NDA! Having been on a Beta team doesn't mean stop being a useful part of the community, does it? If so, I guess I need to go back and delete several thousand posts... ;)

Jim Capillo
04-10-2005, 03:53 AM
I don't think commenting on a Service Pack after it is released violates NDA! Having been on a Beta team doesn't mean stop being a useful part of the community, does it? If so, I guess I need to go back and delete several thousand posts... ;)

No, but telling everyone you are on a beta team does.......

Paragraph 3, last sentence.

tmon
04-10-2005, 04:36 AM
Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to be "fascetious!"

To be more explicit, while we rolled back to VT[3] at work due to VT[4] instability issues (even with the new test drivers installed), I decided to install VT[4] on my personal/home workstation to help isolate bugs on the public release of VT[4] SP1. I was not a member of any NDA-constrained beta team for SP1. Never saw or signed off on the last sentence of Paragraph 3, just trying to do my part to get VT[4] to where we all want it to be.

I shoulda used a frikkin' ;) or :p or :)

:o

Imagine Napoleon Dynamite here, saying "Gosh!"

:eek:

The main thing, I think, is that NewTek is clearly aware of this issue and is dealing with it.

bradl
04-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Oh, that Beta team, the one we all volunteered for. I'm with you now...

...what were we talking about?

Dan Barnett
04-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Not to add insult to injury....

I have been dealing with these issues since the VT3 upgrade I had purchased in July of last year.

I had done everything that Tech support had told me to do. I even sent the board in twice. The 2nd time it was replaced. This had temporarily fixed my problem.
Thank you for all your hard work NewTek. :)

Then the issue came up again. All drivers were updated. Every other manufacturer contacted. Computer was running fine. Toaster could function 'on and off' but I kept getting that "NO Video Signal...."

this is my configuration
SuperMicro P4SCT MB with 2.8 ghz Hyper-Threaded
ATI Graphics
3Ware 9500 4LP SATA controller w/ 4 80 GB 7200rpm Hitachi (128 mb/s write across drives and 190 mb/s read)
Firewire card (TI drivers)
Sys HDD 80gb SATA
DVD Burner
Removeable HDD ata
430 Watt PS

It's a fast little single processor unit. Everthing I did seemed useless.

Finally I remembered the thread on the PS I had read. I just over looked it because I had run my last system on only a 400 watt PS and now I'm using a 430 Watt PS.
So I went ahead a bought the Antec 550 watt True power and put it in.

What a difference....! Going for a couple weeks now and no problems so far. Not even a hicup. I have brought video in every which way accept an SX board which I do not have. I am really starting to enjoy the sytem for the first time. I even set up a couple of DDR's to play back 2 streams and record on a 3rd with several different DVE's. No Sweat! :D

I am not going to say this will cure everyones issue's but I am willing to bet quite a few of them.

I hope it works out for you all. :cool:

kcpaul
05-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Well I have been running a 550 ps from the start and still get the no video signal present error.

stevestrike
05-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Well I have been running a 550 ps from the start and still get the no video signal present error.
Same here.

ted
05-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Not saying this "IS" your problem, but there is no magic wattage number. It all depends on what you have in your system, i.e. number of drives, CD/DVD/drives, fans, etc.
Add everything up and I'd suggest giving yourself some headroom also. I think I have dual 600's in mine.

Jim Capillo
05-31-2005, 04:20 PM
I believe mine is a 550w running 10 drives and a Supermicro board + a CD writer and a DVD writer.

No problems.

PIZAZZ
05-31-2005, 08:04 PM
I believe mine is a 550w running 10 drives and a Supermicro board + a CD writer and a DVD writer.

No problems.

Ouch Jim. Sounds like you are pushing the edge.

Hey guys check out this link below and stick in your appropriate gear. It will give you a pretty good idea of required power.

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/Power_Supply_Calculator.php?cmd=SERVER

We use it and then add a little more for extra cushion.

MusicPlusTV
06-07-2005, 07:42 PM
My VT4 is crashing every 30 minutes, what is wrong? Newtek support told me to update my Direct X and Windows Media Player, but nothing is helping. Sometimes I get teh Driver Lockup message, and sometimes it just crashes when you are trying to add media to the DDR. Anyone know anything I can do?

MusicPlusTV
06-07-2005, 07:45 PM
btw I have a dual Xenon 3.2 ghz with a Nvidia 6600 video card with 256 of RAM, and 2 gigs of RAM.

kcpaul
06-22-2005, 03:26 PM
So is vt4.5 going to fix the memory leak causing this error.

PIZAZZ
06-22-2005, 05:39 PM
btw I have a dual Xenon 3.2 ghz with a Nvidia 6600 video card with 256 of RAM, and 2 gigs of RAM.

Roll back your graphic drivers to the Nvidia 66.93 version found in their archives.

See if that helps.

If you could list exact components and manufacturer model numbers it would be more helpful.

kcpaul
06-23-2005, 05:53 AM
I have a nvidia card as well and went back to the old drive and that is not the solution. The issue is comming from a memory leak in the vt.

MusicPlusTV
06-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Rolled back to old video drivers, but still crashes, maybe not as frequently, but still does.

kcpaul
06-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Just wanted to give a pat on the back to the guys in support. I had been having the no video present happenning every day since I upgraded to vt4. About 30 minutes after starting up the toaster each day and rolling with live video I would get the no video present error. We would then kill the winrmte with the task manager and restart the toaster. The process was more of a pain than anything and when you run it in a live environment it would be a real show stopper. Yesterday with the help of the support desk we found out that the firewire card was sharing the same IRQ as the vt4. After installing a generic firewire driver thus forcing a change in the firewire irq it seems to have solved the problem. I can not reproduce the no video present error again no matter what I try.

Dan Barnett
07-04-2005, 01:25 AM
:(
I have to write in regards to my last post on theis site 4-13-2005.

It seems my success was short lived with the power supply and I apologize if you may have thought this was the ultimate solution.

The only thing that was different between then and now is my son using the system to work with lightwave and that is when it started. He started noticing the system freezing up on him when working. I finally got back on the system and started experiencing the dreaded "No Video Signal"..."Potential Driver lockup".

I was thinking of going to VT4 but it seems that the issues exists there also.

I just want to edit. The depressing thing is that I really like VT and I just want it to work as well as VT2 did for me. I do not really want to go back or with something else, but...

Any new suggestions will be welcomed. I have done everything I know of and I mean everything. This is also a different board from Newtek and I have updated all the drivers. The only thing that has not been replaced is the motherboard. I guess that is next.

Remember to thank a member of the Armed Services or a Veteran. have a Happy 4th of July.

Matt Drabick
07-04-2005, 04:34 PM
My advice to anyone experiencing a problem with their VT[3] or VT[4] system is . . . if you can't readily find what is causing the problem, yank out the FireWire card. I don't know how many times I have built or fixed a VT system and discovered the FireWire card is causing problems. Sometimes the fix is to move the FireWire card to a different slot. Other times the fix is a different FireWire card.

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems
Raleigh, NC

frankknee
07-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Discussion Group, PAUL, HANK, AND TECHIES,

:mad:

Paul says he's looking into it in a posting, but what has Newtek done to alleviate this serious problem??????????????????????????????????????????? ?

:grumpy:

MY NEW VT4 DOES NOT HAVE A WORKING MONITOR OUTPUT...

WHEN I PUT IN OLD TOASTER BOARD, IT WORKS WITH VT4 UPGRADE....

I'M RUNNING 3.2 GIG INTEL P4 1 gig ram.... 450 W Power Supply

WHEN INSTALLING NEW BOARD AND VT4 SOFT, I CLEANED REGISTRY. still no work.

I NOTED THAT THERE EXIST A PROBLEM WITH THE NEW BOARDS OR VT4 SOFTWARE IN THE DISCUSSION GROUPS"

NewTek Discussions - "No Video Signal"..."Potential Driver Lockup"

"Seems we're all having the exact same experiences. I would agree there seems to be some problem with the WinRTME in VT4 SP1. I went straight to SP1 so I can't speak to the first release. Has anyone received any word on this problem from Newtek other than "it might be a bad card"? My system was rock solid prior to installing the VT4 software on my existing card. Now I keep getting that error and loosing program video. The VT software suite never seems to lock up as a result of this error, but I do have to exit, kill winRTME and restart everytime. It's getting verry annoying and I'd like some word on this from Newtek. Unless there's some real reason to believe this is not a software problem, I have no desire to enter into a scenario where I take my system down to send in the card only to be told there's nothing wrong with it. I've got direct x 9.0c installed and all the latest drivers." end

WHJAT HAS NEWTEK DONE TO FIX THE WINRTIME LEAK OR WHATEVER IT IS?
NO FIXES YET???? WHEN I DO A WINRTIME KILL, THOUGH, IT DOES NOT FIX IT LIKE THE OTHERS ARE SAYING IT WOULD...

I'M TOO MUCH OF A PROFESSIONAL TO BE DEALING WITH THIS MUCH WASTAGE OF MY VALUABLE TIME.

I NEED YOUR HELP IMMEDIATELY....

NEED RMA NO...

FRANCIS KNIZE
Hank Teller- Dealer sold board 3/31/2005 but just got it...

Jim Capillo
07-14-2005, 07:29 AM
You need to call Newtek tech support for an RMA.

They don't give them out here.

Ivan
07-14-2005, 09:41 AM
I just was working with someone who said that killing winrtme didn't solve the problem as well. How are you killing it? Are you using the "Kill Winrtme" icon or going to Start/Run and typing in winrtme? I found that if you are typing it in, you may have to do it twice. Not sure why but give it a shot.

Ivan

frankknee
07-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi Ivan and all,

I go into Task Manager cntl-alt-del and chose PROCESSES TAB and there find Winrtme and "kill" or stop the process. iS THAT CORRECT?

PROBLEMS I'VE BEEN HAVING, I'M GLAD TO SAY DONNIE; NEWTEK TECHIE, POINTED OUT THAT I FAILED TO ATTACH THE FOUR PRONG POWER SUPPLY CABLE, THE SMALL ONE OFTEN USED FOR FLOPPIES, TO THE NEW VT4 BOARD WHICH REQUIRES IT FOR OPERATION. THE OLD BOARDS DON'T REQUIRE THIS STEP SO I MISSED IT. MY BAD. EVERYTHING WORKS TO THE MONITORS NOW...

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES

DOING A FEATURE DOC ON UFO'S, HAVING FUN WITH LW...

FRANCIS

DaddyTinman
07-25-2005, 07:03 PM
PROBLEMS I'VE BEEN HAVING, I'M GLAD TO SAY DONNIE; NEWTEK TECHIE, POINTED OUT THAT I FAILED TO ATTACH THE FOUR PRONG POWER SUPPLY CABLE, THE SMALL ONE OFTEN USED FOR FLOPPIES, TO THE NEW VT4 BOARD WHICH REQUIRES IT FOR OPERATION. THE OLD BOARDS DON'T REQUIRE THIS STEP SO I MISSED IT. MY BAD. EVERYTHING WORKS TO THE MONITORS NOW...

FRANCIS

Is the power cable required on VT for the SW-84 or on VT when the swtcher is not installed? We did not use the cable on our small setup as we are not using the switcher.

Barry

frankknee
07-26-2005, 07:01 AM
I found that you absolutely need to plug in the cable for normal operation with external hard switcher. Are you saying you see monitor without plugging it in???

DaddyTinman
07-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Nope. Just VT and cables to my video sources. No switching required by the company, jsut some rendering and small digital products.

I left off the power cable because the instructions said is had to be connected if the switcher was used.

RPMcCormick
07-29-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm supporting a colleague who has a new VT4 system which is exhibiting the same "No video signal" ... "potential driver lockup" problem. We purchased the hardware and software from an authorised reseller - and built the system ourselves. The system is an industrial strength DELL rack mount solution that exceeds the requirements ... the video adapter is based on the Radeon 7000 using version 6.14.0010.6462 standard Microsoft driver.

Unfortunately the system is just about useless - these lockup errors occur on a frequent basis ... and sometimes even seem to occur with the system sitting idle (e.g., not in use by a user but software operating).

On 19 July 2005 we called NewTek directly and spoke with a tech on this ... and having now read this thread I'm more than surprised ... as I got the impression that the problem wasn't really known. Seems like its been going on for at least EIGHT months without any resolution ...

In any event - based on our configuration - which is almost in all ways completely different from what our vendor supplies (and what I see a number of other people on here posting) ... it would appear that what IS common is something in the NewTek code.

I've seen some mentions on a future/forthcoming version ... does that resolve the issue? A NewTek person also posted in this thread mentioning that "I believe this has been fixed". If so - how does one get the fix?

R P McCormick

Dell PE1800
Maxtor Atlas 15k2 36GB system disk
Seagate ST3300007LC *4 300G disks software raid
Windows XP SP2
Dual XEON 3.0 GHz 2 MB L2 cache
2048 MB ECC DDR2 ram
VT4 build 5522
SX-84 panel & USB switcher
SDI adapter

kcpaul
07-29-2005, 03:41 PM
if you have a firewire card istalled check and see if it is sharing the same irq as your vt card if so unistall the fire wire card and reinstall it with generic drivers and your problem should be gone.

Martin K
08-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Hi,
we are a system Integrator from Germany and we had the problems the last 5 days.What a nightmare.So we found out that it could be a graphic card problem.Newtek says that the Nvidia and the ati cards will work.But it isnt so.Our card was a nvidia 6600 PCI-e card.With this card i get the error after 6min or sometimes after 40min in capture mode.We tested now some other cards , the Matrox APVE and the Nvidia 5750 card.Both cards are working and i never get the error again.For those who dont have PCI-e try a Nvidia 6200 card.We have tested this card in another system .For people who use the sdi option ensure that tis installed in 32 bit PCI Slot .It needs full 5V Power.This is not documented but the European Support confirmed that.

Good Luck !

PIZAZZ
08-03-2005, 06:27 AM
Hi,
we are a system Integrator from Germany and we had the problems the last 5 days.What a nightmare.So we found out that it could be a graphic card problem.Newtek says that the Nvidia and the ati cards will work.But it isnt so.Our card was a nvidia 6600 PCI-e card.With this card i get the error after 6min or sometimes after 40min in capture mode.We tested now some other cards , the Matrox APVE and the Nvidia 5750 card.Both cards are working and i never get the error again.For those who dont have PCI-e try a Nvidia 6200 card.We have tested this card in another system .For people who use the sdi option ensure that tis installed in 32 bit PCI Slot .It needs full 5V Power.This is not documented but the European Support confirmed that.

Good Luck !

Martin, Your comments are interesting but incomplete. Please list the rest of the components in your system. Without a reference we can't know if it truly applies to us. We have dealt with this same issue with the Supermicro X6DA8-G2 mobo and things seem to be better now than before. The PCI-E venture has been challenging to say the least. :)

JReble
08-03-2005, 07:35 AM
This no video signal present error has plagued us since installing VT4 including SP1. We have been able to tame it enough to keep working after a complete system rebuild, but it still crops up. I've done extensive testing on this and the results remain inconclusive. The one thing I am confident of it that it is, at least in part, related to a problem between winrtme and the display system. As Jef pointed out previously, a specific NVidia driver provides less trouble, but it doesn't eliminate the problem entirely. I'm not suggesting there's an incompatability with the display card or drivers, but someting in the display routines anywhere between the video card, cpu, or VT board are getting snarfed up. Of late, the error pops up usually only after the system sits untouched for a few minutes. If you're actively working with it we seldom see the error any more, but let the VT interface sit open and left alone for 5-10 minutes and bam there it is.

And before anyone suggests it, there are no screen savers, power management or other related features enabled which could be kicking this in. Between the 3 system we use, I am convinced that there is not one thing wrong with our hardware or configuration and the culprit is in the RTME driver or something else in the VT software that's not working and playing well with others.

Our systems are the highest spec Dual Xeon units on the Supermicro X6DA8-G2 board and include all the same tried and true components that have been installed into a great many dealer built machines. All these systems did not have this problem prior to VT4. From observing the forums since its release, I suspect the "no video signal present" error is not limited to a few erratic systems, but is present in many top of the line dealer built systems. While we are able to get by with the current manifestations of this error, I am hoping against hope that 4.5 will have fixed the problem once and for all. :goodluck:

Martin K
08-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Heres my config:

- Tyan S2676ANRF Motherboard with i7525 chipset
- Dual Xeon Nocona 3 Ghz
- 1GB DDR2-400 Registered Ram
- Nvidia Geforce 5750 (PCI-E x16)
- Adaptec 29320 SCSI-Controller in PCI-X Slot (HostRaid Option disabled in Controller Bios
- VT[4] in PCI-X Slot
- SDI Option in 32-bit Slot
- IDE System Drive
- 4 U320 (10K) SCSI Drive in a Stripe Set

Software:

Win XP Pro SP2 with latest chipset drivers,VT[4] SP1,Nvidia Driver 66.93 etc.
-Security Center Service disabled
-Automatic Updates disabled
-Drive Indexing disabled
and some other OS Tuning tricks

Zetatek
12-29-2005, 11:10 PM
I had/may still have, the "no Video" Problem on a VT[2]. Tryed Everything on the forum and Sent it in. They Did Some Updates. Got it back and still no Video. So i Clean Installed with Xp and Sp1. No Dices, With out the SX-8 it runs ok. So i was rebooting and Looking around in the bios Found a Setting called PCI Legacy timer. Looked it up online, found out this is how much cpu time the PCI slots get. So i Cranked it up from 64 to 248 witch is the max on my Mainboard. Started up fine And it Worked no Problem. Anyone else tried this. Also All PCI Cards Are removed at post time will list system.

(2)AMD Opteron 244
Tyan s2875 with bios ver 08.00.10
DDR400 1GBx1 Corsair XMS Reg
Video toaster [2] and SX-8
nvidia Geforce 5200 128 *(Tryed MSI FX 5700 But there a MainBoard Problem)
Adaptec Scsi Card
2 ide Hard drive
4 scsi
atx 500w eps-12v
Dvd-/+rw
CdRom

Will Post more as i test this