PDA

View Full Version : weird render problem

art_DA
12-16-2004, 04:49 PM
I have a scene that says it's rendering from frame 1 to 180, but yet, the sequence stays at frame 1.
I can go to"render frame" and if I'm at frame 40 let's say, it looks like frame 40 when I slect "render frame".
Once I select "render scene" for a final render, I get frame 1 over and over and over.
I look at my wireframes and my animated object moves correctly.
Is this a corrupted scene?
Any ideas?

Art

spud_q
12-17-2004, 12:51 AM
neat! never heard of such a thing. Do you have more than one camera in your scene or somehting like that, so it's rendering from the wrong area. :confused:

art_DA
12-17-2004, 11:08 AM
No....no 2nd camera and frame advance is on, so I have no idea what the problem is!
It's hardly neat though! LOL
It's driving me nuts!

Castius
12-17-2004, 11:42 AM
is auto frame advance turned off? it's in the render options panel.

spec24
12-17-2004, 01:29 PM
It continuously renders frame 1 or just says it's rendering frame 1 and in reality renders all frames?

mrunion
12-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Sorry if this is something you've already checked, but do you have Anti Aliasing at a level high enough to make it seem like it keeps doing the same frame over and over? This highest AA level will make 33 passes of the same frame before moving on. Could that be what you're seeing?

art_DA
12-17-2004, 04:57 PM
Hey guys thanks for the help.
Ok....like I said, auto frame advance IS on.
No second camera.
No extra high anti-aliasing.
Yes, it is repeating the same frame over and over.
It actually says that it is rendering 1-180, but the actual frame is still frame one.
I can render an avi and play it and the animation doesn't move. I've watched it render and frame after frame is the same frame......frame1.
I CAN select "render frame", instead of "render sequence" and the frame I have the animation at is the correct frame shown.
But, once I say "render scene", it renders the first frame over and over.
The only way I can render the entire sequence is to render a tga or image file one at a time. I can go into "render options" and select frame 2 to 2, 3-3, 4-4 and so on.
I think I somehow corrupted the scene file.

Wade
12-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Is "render frame step" set to 1 or 0 - it is the option just under the render frames 1 to 60...?

Wade
12-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Sorry if this is something you've already checked, but do you have Anti Aliasing at a level high enough to make it seem like it keeps doing the same frame over and over? This highest AA level will make 33 passes of the same frame before moving on. Could that be what you're seeing?

I had thought this might have been it.

Show us a screen grab of you render set up. :eek:

exit6
12-17-2004, 09:33 PM
what's your render frame step setting? If it was 0, that would do it.

art_DA
12-18-2004, 01:20 AM
Frame step is at 1.
I've also tried starting my render at frame 0.
Can't send a frame grab at the moment. I'm on a my home computer.
I check every render setting in "render options" everytime I try this and I have checked all the right things.
Mystery huh?

Wade
12-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Can you save out a single frame? Say render frame 1 or 61?

exit6
12-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Man that's so weird. Here's what I would do -- rather than try to fix the scene, make a new scene and do a load objects from scene, when it asks if you want the lights say yes. If you have a camera move copy it to a null object and parent the camera to it. It's not a particularly satisfying solution but if the original scene is somehow currupted at least you can still render it.