PDA

View Full Version : Toastervision Woes!

RuiFeliciano
04-11-2003, 04:23 PM
From one instant to another my Toastervision is saying something like:

"DirectDraw: Your graphics card does not support a UYVY ot YUY2 FourCC surface.
This error is usually caused by a lack of video-mode (UYVY) color support on your graphics board, try dropping the resolution and color depth..."

WTH?!? It has been working for a year without any problem and all of a sudden I get this message?

build 3890
Geforce 4Ti4200 64 Mb
Desktop @ 1560 x 1024 x 32bit
DirectX9a
MediaPlayer9
Windows 2k SP3
1Gb PC800 RDRAM

If you have any clues on what this may be throw it my way. Thanks.

RuiFeliciano
04-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Never mind. Don't know why it was broken but it got fixed by running the "OOpps I messed up my config" file...

Scott Bates
04-11-2003, 04:45 PM
If you have any clues on what this may be throw it my way.
Simple, you're making it work too hard. Just needed to give it (and yourself) a little break and the "Opps" that refreshes. :D

RuiFeliciano
04-11-2003, 05:11 PM
:D

Nahh, I was running Netmeeting and apparently when netmeeting is running Toastervision stops working, dunno why.
I was testing Netmeeting as a personal streaming solution to clients. It would be great if a client could call me on Netmeeting and watch a short edit I made for him in Tedit. I could be receiving instructions over the mic (try that clip in slowmo, etc.) and the feedback would be almost realtime. Right now I have to assemble a mpeg and teh client then tells me some changes, I then have to encode a new mpeg, etc. Does anyone know a similar program to Netmmeting but only better? Like a personal streaming server?

HoGiHung
05-09-2003, 05:55 PM
I've had this error as well, but in a slightly different circumstance. This week I upgraded from a single 17" CRT to Dual 18.1" LCDs. I have the Desktop span across both LCD Panels.

When I try to run my Toaster (Version 2, Build Build 3890, Nov. 26, 2002 10:09:00), I get the DirectDraw error:

"DirectDraw: Your graphics card does not support a UYVY to YUY2 FourCC surface. This error is usually caused by a lack of video-mode (UYVY) color support on your graphics board. Try dropping the resolution and color depth (however the minimum requirements for UYVY are likely to be 15bit color). If this failes, try upgrading your graphics drivers. If you still are unable to get this application to run we reocommend that you replace your graphics board with a NewTek authorized one."

If I disable the Spanning of the Desktop across the monitors, my Toaster will work fine. I tried running the "Reset Configs" script but that hasn't helped.

Now I am pretty sure there are plenty of people who run with dual headed monitors. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Here is a little bit more info in case it helps:

My current settings:

Video Toaster - Version 2, Build 3890, Nov. 26, 2002 10:09:00
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (Dual Head w/ 64MB Ram)
Driver 4.3.4.5
DirectX 9.0a (4.09.0000.0901)

Ho...

Jim Capillo
05-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Hey Ho..... :D just had to say that !

Check at nvidia and get the latest drivers. I've just added a second flat panel and although I didn't get that particular message, it took a driver upgrade to get everything operating OK. I can't remember what the latest driver numbers are, but it's pretty automatic once you d/l it.

Good luck.......

HoGiHung
05-09-2003, 08:15 PM
Lol, everyone does that to me Jim. :-)

I will 2x check, but I thought I just upgraded my drivers. Let me go look again. Thanks.

On another note, I was playing with Layout and Modeler on the new two LCD system. Put Layout on the left and Modeler on the right. All looks ok, but when I try to use some of the menus in Modeler (on the right LCD), the menus go off screen. I'll play with that problem some more, but it is easily worked around.

Ho...

HoGiHung
05-10-2003, 07:55 PM
Ok I verified that I'm running the current Nvidia drivers, 4.3.4.5.

Any other suggestions? I'm pretty sure the Toaster will work with dual-headed workstations.

Ho...

Jim Capillo
05-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Try this..... set the Windows monitor to a single monitor (in the Windows "Display" panel) ..... 1280X1024.

Then go in to the nvidia panel (make sure the nvidia manager is off) and then set your monitors up there - 2560X1024. I can't remember exactly where the setup is, I think it's under "Advanced"....... I'm not at the machine right now.

If you've already tried that, then I'm stumped. Try Dr. Toast next - http://www.videohardware.com

vip3dran
05-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Ho,

Another suggestion, make sure Nview is disabled. It causes problems when working with dual display setups. You can find it by right clicking the Taskbar Tray icon (from windows) for Nvidia display manager.

HoGiHung
05-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Update: I am now able to get the Dual Heads to work, sorta. Before when I had it setup for Dual Display, I got the Direct Draw error. Now with Dual Displays, Toaster comes up fine on my primary monitor (left) but will not "spill" over to the right display. I am able to run other apps, like Internet Explorer, etc, on the right display.

Am I missing a simple config setting?

Ho...

Paul Lara
05-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by HoGiHung
Am I missing a simple config setting?

...are both monitors set to the same resolution before you spanned them?

HoGiHung
05-12-2003, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the reply Paul - been a long time. :-)

Both monitors are set to 1280X1024. Not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but I am able to load Layout (LW 7.5) on the Left Monitor and Modeler on the Right.

I have noticed something and it might not mean anything. Under Display Properties, Settings Tab, Display drop down, the monitors are listed as:

1. (Multiple Monitors) on NVIDIA GeForce4MX 440
2. (Multiple Monitors) on NVIDIA Dualview

Both monitors are also set to True Color (32bit)

Ho...

HoGiHung
05-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Ah, found the problem. One of those ID-Ten-T errors (id10t) :-)

I had choosen the wrong option on one of the configuration screens. I choose "Standard Dual View" instead of Horizontal Span. With Horizontal Span, all works like I was expecting.

But I think I will use the Standard view when working with Layout and Modeler and use H-Span for Toaster work.

Thanks all for the input.

Ho...

Paul Lara
05-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Glad to hear you found the problem, Ho.